Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to join NASAFCU?

tag
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

How long to join NASAFCU?

I applied this morning to be a member of NASAFCU and it still shows pending, how long does it usually take?Smiley Happy

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long to join NASAFCU?

@Discover2016 wrote:

I applied this morning to be a member of NASAFCU and it still shows pending, how long does it usually take?Smiley Happy

I applied this past Friday afternoon and it still shows pending as of today at 2:52 PM CST 6/6.  After I got the pending on Friday I uploaded ID and UT info just in case and thought they might respond earlier this morning but they did not.  I also sent a secure email earlier today and asked them what is the status of the savings account app and still have not heard from them. 

Honestly with this kind of service or lack thereof I am not impressed.  I also am an instant gratification kind of person so the longer they delay the less interested i become. By the time they respond I will have blown them off.

I might also add that two of the verification questions were strange as they had two correct answers to choose from so I thought this may have triggered the pending issue. I assume I chose the ones they didn't like.  When I have applied to other credit unions online the approval (for savings accounts ) have been automatic.  I get the pending but I do think they could be a little more timely in their responses since it is an app for an account and not any kind of loan. I chose online as my branch so I expected an email response and not anything by snail mail per se.

Good luck to you, I am probably moving on. They snooze, they lose.

Message 2 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Joining feels like forever . I was going on like 2 weeks plus with all the documents they want, then cant see them, them want again, i just got tired and cancelled my membership app. Takes forever to get messages returned etc. Im glad though from what i read here they can be a jealous mistress, wanting you all to themselves, ill be content to nurture my relationship with Penfed where i feel wanted Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Wow, that is way too long.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Mine took about a week to process. The day I received notification that I was a member. I apped for the cash rewards card. It was a instant approval for $25k. My highest SL to date. Just be patient, it will pay off in the end.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My dad applied for the membership few weeks ago and it took 28 days to get the final approval . I think they are taking their time to review the application.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Mine took about a week to process. The day I received notification that I was a member. I apped for the cash rewards card. It was a instant approval for $25k. My highest SL to date. Just be patient, it will pay off in the end.

Do you mind sharing how many inquiries and range of scores at the time?  Also was it a HP and what bureau? Thanks

Message 7 of 16
Gmood1
Super Contributor

It was a SP. My EX Fico was a 743. Their scoring model had me at a 701 if I'm not mistaken.
I had 14 inqs ( I think, could have been a few more) and a ton of new accounts. Some of which hadn't reported at that time.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Takes too long. I applied, went to pending and after 2 weeks they wanted my driver license. I uploaded it, waited another week and called them. They said they're still verifying. I asked them what other documents they need but they said they will let me know later.

After 5 weeks without an update, i sent a message via their application status website, for them to introduce the application to their collective rectums Robot LOL. The application is still pending, but i eagerly await their reply. It was a SP anyway and at this point, i dont care if they deny, since i just got into PENFED and got approved for their platinum rewards visa.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Discover2016 wrote:

I applied this past Friday afternoon and it still shows pending as of today at 2:52 PM CST 6/6.  After I got the pending on Friday I uploaded ID and UT info just in case and thought they might respond earlier this morning but they did not.  I also sent a secure email earlier today and asked them what is the status of the savings account app and still have not heard from them. 

Honestly with this kind of service or lack thereof I am not impressed.  I also am an instant gratification kind of person so the longer they delay the less interested i become. By the time they respond I will have blown them off.

I might also add that two of the verification questions were strange as they had two correct answers to choose from so I thought this may have triggered the pending issue. I assume I chose the ones they didn't like.  When I have applied to other credit unions online the approval (for savings accounts ) have been automatic.  I get the pending but I do think they could be a little more timely in their responses since it is an app for an account and not any kind of loan. I chose online as my branch so I expected an email response and not anything by snail mail per se.

Good luck to you, I am probably moving on. They snooze, they lose.

I got this email this morning after I sent them an email asking for an update yesterday morning:

Thank you for your interest in NASA Federal. A membership officer needs to still look at your application. Review of a Membership Application can take 2 to 3 business days. Since the application was entered in Friday close to 4pm, the 3rd business day would be Wednesday (tomorrow) of this week. Once your application has been reviewed, you would receive an email from us.

Thank you,

Julia
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.