[ Edited ]

Cash Savings: $7k

Stocks: $1k

401k: $6K

Debt:

$46K Student Loans

$15K Car

FICO: 760

I started my full time career this past summer after graduating college. My goal is to have $12K cash saved by my one year anniversary of starting work. Student loan payments suck!

0 Kudos

Re: How much Money do you have Saved???

I got my first real job in september and I started saving around the end of october. I'm in the public sector and I live in one of the most expensive part of the country , so saving has been a huge sacrifice. 

24F

Savings:$3,700

TSP:$1,971

Debt:

Student Loan: $6,503.

My goal is to have $8,000 in savings by the end of the year.

Established Contributor

tblank7 wrote:

Age -28M
Savings- $125k
Fico - 798

Goal by year end~
Savings - $150k
Fico- 800+

maxresdefault.jpg

Seriously, though.  That's pretty impressive.

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

TanyaTurner wrote:

I got my first real job in september and I started saving around the end of october. I'm in the public sector and I live in one of the most expensive part of the country , so saving has been a huge sacrifice. 

24F

Savings:$3,700

TSP:$1,971

Debt:

Student Loan: $6,503.

My goal is to have $8,000 in savings by the end of the year.

Best wishes - hope you reach your goal.

animated gif

Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850 (3/2017)
Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850 (3/2017)
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 804 TU 823 EX 830 (3/2017) EX Fico 98: 839 (3/2017)
VS 3.0:...... EQ 832 TU 832 EX 832 (3/2017)
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 887 TU 899 EX 900 (3/2017)
CBIS: ........LN Auto 940 LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950 (4/2017)
Contributor

Cash Savings: $4k

Stocks: $0

401k: $0

Debt:

$0

FICO: 760

Don't earn much, don't borrow much.  Wish I had more money but I never graduated college.  This is the most savings I have had in 6 years.  Living hand to mouth but not borrowing what I can't pay back.  My car needs about $700 worth of work, then going to invest some of what's left.  Very impressed by the young man with six figures.

My credit .... It's over 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111
Regular Contributor

Good way to live not borrowing more than you can pay off,.. With that in mind & your excellent 760 credit score, I take it you always pay your cc balance in full. This is something I recently adopted because it is the best way of doing things, better on my wallet long run, and also better for my Fico. Kudos to you!

Starting Score: 524
Current Score:672-709
Goal Score:800

WellsFargo $2700 - NF Rewards Visa Signature $5000 - NF Rewards $3200 - Barclay $5500 - Walmart $3500- Sleep center $2000 - Cap One Quick Silver $4500 - Khols $300- HHGreggs $3000 - NFCU Checking Line $15,000 - Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am reestablishing credit and savings after some periods of unemployment/underemployment.  My ultimate goal is to have mid-to-high 4 figures each in savings accounts and Checking (as a buffer for spending) and PIF credit cards that I would use sparingly.  Once that's established I'll work on getting my liquid assets to above 10k and establish a brokerage account and Roth IRA to go with the 401k from work.  I'm also increasing the contribution (with no match) to 10% pre-tax to my 401k.  

Frequent Contributor

JonE wrote:

I am reestablishing credit and savings after some periods of unemployment/underemployment.  My ultimate goal is to have mid-to-high 4 figures each in savings accounts and Checking (as a buffer for spending) and PIF credit cards that I would use sparingly.  Once that's established I'll work on getting my liquid assets to above 10k and establish a brokerage account and Roth IRA to go with the 401k from work.  I'm also increasing the contribution (with no match) to 10% pre-tax to my 401k.  

If you don't need that 10% 401K contribution to reduce your taxes, I would put $5500 into a Roth IRA first, then the rest into your 401K.  I say that because from what I've seen, most 401K plans with no matching are not worth contributing to (with the exception of dropping down a tax bracket):  the investment choices are limited and they usually have high fees. 

A Roth is great specially if you think you're on the low side of your lifetime income range.  In fact, I would generally suggest opening a Roth immediately to any person just starting out in the work force (which may not be in your case). 

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

+1

FICO Scores (4/4/15): EQ: 748 TU: 777 EX: 778
My Cards:
Amex BCP $25k (March '14) | Cap1 QS $8k (Oct '07) | Arrival + WEMC $10k (May '15) |
PNC CashBuilder Visa Sig $8k/NPSL (March '11)
PNC Points $1k (June '07 - First card at 19) | MB Financial MC $3500 (May '13) | Chase Amazon Visa Sig $6k/NPSL (April '09) |
Macys $1200 (Nov '12) | Citi Double Cash $9k (Jan '15)
Regular Contributor

I'm 32 and have around $60k in savings with around $70k in investments but only about $25k in 401k. My only debt is a mortgage at 3.5% and a car loan with about a $20k balance at 1.75%. The house has appreciated extremely well, so the plan is to sell as soon as we can avoid capital gains, potentially rent for a while until the housing market cools a little, then use the equity we cash out of the house along with savings to put a huge down payment on the next place and pay it off in less than 10 years so we can spend our forties doing a lot more traveling. We didn't travel when we were younger, so that's become a priority lately and we've been to Central America twice already in 2016!

CLs: Chase SW $35k, Amex Everyday $32k, Discover $29k, Costco Citi $21k, Best Buy $13.5k, CU Denver MC $12.5k, Chase Freedom $10k, Nordstrom $10k, Express store card (1st credit card!) $3.2k

Starting score 12/2010: 510
Current score 12/2016: 835

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.