Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I approach a NASA CU membership

tag
live-n-learn
Contributor

How should I approach a NASA CU membership

Hi folks,

I want to join NASA CU to hopefully obtain a PLOC and maybe their CC.  I've read many things about them on this forum.

I'm currently in the process of buying a home so I can't app for anything right now.

My lender says I can join the CU but don't app for CCs or Loans right now.

So my question is how should I approach this?

Should I join now and app for the PLOC after closing?

Should I join & app for the PLOC at the same time after closing?

Is NASA inquiry sensitive?

Does it really matter one way or the other?

I'm trying to get the most bang for a credit pull.

I've heard that some people get multiple products like CCs and Loans from one soft pull.

Any advice / suggestions is appreciated Smiley Happy

My FICO - As of 07/2018
Equifax 730
Transunion 732
Experian 743
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: How should I approach a NASA CU membership

Seems like hit or miss on the sensitivity of inqs. I joined last week. Got an acceptance email Friday and apped for CC on Monday.

Your scores are good. I've held back apping because I thought they would turn me down with so many new accounts and 15 inqs on EX.

Not the case, However if I were you. I'd app right after closing on the house and get the CC or PLOC. I've seen some luck out with both.

I was too chicken to try both at once. I'll get the PLOC in a year or so when my home project comes to fruition. And I pay off my auto loan.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on the rebuilding process, according to cap1 credit tracker my score is 606 .. is there a possibility I can join nasal cu?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm on the rebuilding process, according to cap1 credit tracker my score is 606 .. is there a possibility I can join nasal cu?

First, the Cap One score is useless. You need to get real Fico scores in order to have an idea where you stand. Joining NASA is relatively easy if all you want to do is join. Where it can get messy and difficult is when applying for credit products.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.