cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Debit card for my PAYPAL SC account....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get Debit card for my PAYPAL SC account....

im read that you can get a debit card to use at stores that directly ties to your smart connect account.   im not able to find it.   hoping someone knows   thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Blodreina
Established Contributor

Re: How to get Debit card for my PAYPAL SC account....

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/debit-card

After you activate it, there's an option to select a backup payment method; the Smart Connect should appear as an option.  Caveat - it defaults to your paypal balance first, if you're someone that likes to keep money there for some reason.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this debit card and have had it for several years now.  I was first introduced to it may years back when I was selling stereo equipment online with eBay.  Turns out that was the only way I could take payment from someone who did not have a paypal account and wanted to pay me via credit card.  I contacted paypal and they told me that I needed to switch my paypal account over to paypal business.  There was no credit check (from what I recall), and then *BAM* I was able to contact the person looking to purchase one piece of equipment from me, and they were able to pay using their credit card.

I can also vouch that the default payment to "Paypal Business Debit Mastercard" is if you have a balance in your paypal account, if not they take the debit from your linked banking account.

So if you are out someplace and you make a purchase using the card, they first pull from paypal (if you have monies there), and then finish the rest by taking from your bank account.

All in all, I like this debit mastercard.

Enjoy!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been a while but they automatically sent me one.  I didn't ask for it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.