Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CANT BELIEVE IT. Approved for SoFi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I CANT BELIEVE IT. Approved for SoFi

MyFICO on 4/1/17 showed all 3 of my scoresin the low-mid 600's.  CreditKarma had me around 580.  I had close to $15k in credit card debt.  A charged-off second mortgage.  I sold my house (it was a rental - not making me any cash flow).  Paid off ALL my debt.  Paid off the charge-off, coincidentally, it fell off my reports as the DOFD was in 2010.  My scores on MyFICO now are EQ 723 TU 733 EX 726.

On a whim, I did a pre-app at SoFi.  The pre-approval was good for up to $100k.  

UNREAL.  I can't believe it.  I literally pinched myself.  Now, obviously, I haven't received the loan yet.  Or even been 'really' approved.  But all they're asking me to upload is my paystub and I.D.  

My dream for more than a decade has been to own my own airplane (I'm a private pilot).  It looks like that's about to become a reality.  

For those wondering.  My report is not totally 'clean'.  I have 3 30-day lates - December 2010, March 2011, and November 2014.  I have one installment loan from Avant that is 28% paid off.  I have 15 credit cards with a combined limit of around $16k.  I have 2 closed mortgage accounts - all 3 30 day lates come from this mortgage (technically the same account, just transferred from one servicer to another and both have zero balance). 1 closed auto loan, PIF, never late. I make $94k a year.  My AAoA is between 4 yrs and 11 mo and 5 yrs and 2 mo, depending on the bureau.  

I'll keep you guys posted if it all goes well - and if it doesn't.  

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

Re: I CANT BELIEVE IT. Approved for SoFi

Congrats to you on making great progress! That must feel great to start having those negatives fall off. Enjoy your new scores.

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 2 of 15
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

That's fantastic!!  Congrats!!

I did the soft pull pre-approval for a mortgage loan through SoFi and was denied.  I was testing the waters for when I am ready to purchase a home.  I am 9 months post CH13 discharge.  My credit file is clean, minus the BK.  I also have an above average salary.  But I know the BK is killing it for me.  

Please keep us posted on your experience with SoFi.  I haven't heard too much about them and am curious on how the process goes.

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sofi is great, I have a personal loan with them. They usually don't like baddies, I hope you get the final HP approval. It sounds like it may go through. How much of the 100k are you looking at borrowing? Did they give you a APR?

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

65k.  10.49

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

MyFICO on 4/1/17 showed all 3 of my scoresin the low-mid 600's.  CreditKarma had me around 580.  I had close to $15k in credit card debt.  A charged-off second mortgage.  I sold my house (it was a rental - not making me any cash flow).  Paid off ALL my debt.  Paid off the charge-off, coincidentally, it fell off my reports as the DOFD was in 2010.  My scores on MyFICO now are EQ 723 TU 733 EX 726.

UNREAL.  I can't believe it.  I literally pinched myself.  Now, obviously, I haven't received the loan yet.  Or even been 'really' approved.  But all they're asking me to upload is my paystub and I.D.  

My dream for more than a decade has been to own my own airplane (I'm a private pilot).  It looks like that's about to become a reality.  

For those wondering.  My report is not totally 'clean'.  I have 3 30-day lates - December 2010, March 2011, and November 2014.  I have one installment loan from Avant that is 28% paid off.  I have 15 credit cards with a combined limit of around $16k.  I have 2 closed mortgage accounts - all 3 30 day lates come from this mortgage (technically the same account, just transferred from one servicer to another and both have zero balance). 1 closed auto loan, PIF, never late. I make $94k a year.  My AAoA is between 4 yrs and 11 mo and 5 yrs and 2 mo, depending on the bureau.  

Congratulations! When should we start calling you Captain Ragedracer1977?

Message 6 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't borrow more than you can comfortably pay back.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course not.  Right now, I'm paying more than the monthly loan payment in rental fees just borrowing airplanes.  Almost twice as much.  Assuming this goes through, and I buy my own, I'll actually be saving money.

Imagine every time you wanted to take your wife to dinner or your kids on a drive, you had to pay $160-$200 an hour for the car you wanted to drive... Cause that's how it is renting planes... 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uploaded documents last night.  DL, passport, and most recent paystub.  Signed final documents this morning.  Looks like I'm approved!!!!!

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic! I love SoFi. I have a personal loan with them. I wanted to establish a relationship with them looking to the future as I do work on my house. They are very professional in my opinion. Keep us posted.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.