Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want to adult

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I don't want to adult

We had a mini van when we moved here and it was getting absolutely trashed with the roads and weather. I'll just assume you didn't read my posts and the reasons why 4 wheel drive is necessary.

I also didn't say we can barely afford it lol. I said I don't want to pay that much even though we CAN afford it.

Don't worry about how many kids we have and their future, they are our responsibility not yours Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why post about this if you don't want advice. Toyota makes a 4 wheel drive minivan. It probably be a lot more reliable than a used Suburban. Adults take care of their kids first and their retirement. My advice was if you don't have that stuff under control their are cheaper more practical cars.

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't post for advice.

Why would you assume we don't have our future under control? lol

I don't want to drive a mini van in the type of climate where I live. I had one. I had a nice Honda that ended up needing alignment and tires constantly because of the gravel roads and bumpy ice. We have snow and ice 6-7 months out of the year. When we went to sell said Honda, it was worth way less than we owed because it had not held up well to 5 kids and rough weather/roads. I don't have 5 "small" children either. Three of my kids are teenagers - one is the size of a grown adult. I'm pretty sure since it's me driving and my kids who need to fit, I might possibly know what's best, don't you think?
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if you have everything so great then buy a 2017 Escalade fully loaded. I have no idea why you started the thread. This is a rebuilding forum you are acting like you wanted people to tell you not to buy a 45k car that gets horrible gas mileage because you wanted to be an adult.  

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since it wasn't clear and for some reason you feel the need to harass me about why I posted, what I drive, and whether my kids are taken care of, I'll break it down for you...

I was discussing how the rebuilding process has made me want to make better choices. The end.

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't understand why you posted this thread either.  Just being honest.

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was only meant to be a light hearted joke about how reading and rebuilding has changed me over the last couple of years. It's really not that serious lol
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was trying to encourage you to stick to your plans. I don't see why you think that is harassing you.
Message 18 of 26
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Enough of the back and forth in this thread, lets all remember to be respectful of each other, we are not here to judge. If one cannot make a respectful comment then they should not post at all. Thanks for everyones understanding on this.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/td-p/2905196

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally understand !! I drove my first car into the ground before I got a brand new one. I absolutely love my new car but when I think about it, it wasn't worth spending the 35k and making monthly payments on it. I liked my old car a bit more. I wasn't afraid to beat it up, scratch it or run it through the mud. Anyways, it is just a car lol It should get you to point A to point B!!! I think a lot of people overpay for their cars and hey, I'm on the same boat but I would encourage anyone to buy within their means or cheaper!!! It's better than dishing out more money for a status or something pretty to look at. 

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.