cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have opened 10 bank accounts in search of my best option...

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: I have opened 10 bank accounts in search of my best option...

which account is this a part of?

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 11 of 15
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:

I opened a simple bank account, bank of america, Ally bank, discover cashback checking and savings, sapital one 360 checking and savings, chase bank (just for the $200), and NASA Federal Credit Union.

Discover checking was soooo close to being my number one priority except for the fact that I cant set automatic recurring transfers from my discover checking to savings.

Ally bank is ok but nothing special...Bank of america I am just trying to get out of them. My last two options are capital one 360 and NASA Federal Credit Union.  I saw the demo on the NASA bank and it shows that I should be able to start automatic recurring transfers within my nasa bank acocunts.

This is so stressful. If you plan to open any of th ebaove acocunts let me know and I can help you decide so that you dont have to open so many accounts to find the right option. 

Oh and Discover checking takes 48 hours to respond to most emails, no live chat support.

Thanks for all this information.  It is interesting comparing banks.  I have been happy myself with Comerica (checking) for the past 14 years or so.  And for savings, a local CU, which I am about ready to pull the trigger on switching everything over to the CU for their yearly cash back. 

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 12 of 15
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

I have been using Discover for about 2 months now.  My complaints are as follows;

-extended timetable for a transaction to show up.  I will submit payment on the credit card side using my routing/account information and it will be around 3-4 days before Discover shows the transaction and deducts from my account.  However, on the credit card side, the payment will be applied towards my balance the next day.  So I am not sure why there is such a long duration.

-Their servers are on MST.  I can not see payroll deposits until 7am (I am in CST zone).  I know this is being picky, but I wake up at 5am and I am do not like waiting 2 hours before I can see activity.

-No live chat on banking side - just credit card account.

That's about it.  Except for the slow speeds I am generally happy with the website/account.  I still think they are making a lot of changes, so hopefully improvements are in the pipeline.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it is worth ... much of the banking operations seem to come from the Salt Lake City UT area which is Mountain Time. Also, I confirm your findings as you described it.

Message 14 of 15
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Any thoughts on Barclay's Savings? They have one of the top APYs but I'm mostly interested in feedback on their speed of service, as we have been hearing for the others.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.