cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some advice on Lending Club My TU score is 750 and was turned down SOFT OR HARD PULL?

tag
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

I need some advice on Lending Club My TU score is 750 and was turned down SOFT OR HARD PULL?

I was turned down for a Lending Club personal loan 750 TU score and wanting to know if it's a soft or hard pull? I have read alot of post but I couldn't really find the answer to my question.

The reason I want a personal loan because my auto, home etc loans are paid off and want to add a different type of loan to my file.

Thank you very much,

JOELUVSHISCREDIT

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
TrialByFire
Established Contributor

Re: I need some advice on Lending Club My TU score is 750 and was turned down SOFT OR HARD PULL?

Should be a soft pull until you select loan terms and proceed with the application. If you didn't make it that far and just clicked "check my rate" and were denied that shouldn't HP you. Try applying with a credit union for a personal loan. Terms are usually more favorable
Message 2 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: I need some advice on Lending Club My TU score is 750 and was turned down SOFT OR HARD PULL?

Thank you very much for your help Smiley Happy and I was denied I was very supprise because my score is 750 and only  have 6 Inquiries. But I do have a few NEW accounts in last 6 months.

Thanks Again,

Message 3 of 12
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

Lending Club will decline if you have more than 3 inquiries.

FICO 08:Jan 18, 2017: EX 800 EQ 725 TU 799
FICO 08:Feb 10, 2017: EX 788 EQ 772 TU 791 (post New Year's app spree)
In the garden as of 1/4/2017. Will remain for all of 2017.
Message 4 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Thank you . I really don't care they decline me if they didn't do a HP Smiley Happy. I know in a few months I can get alot better loan with a BETTER rate etc. But I really thought I would have a good chance with a 750 score but it's their loss not my Smiley Happy

Thanks Again

Message 5 of 12
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

I hear ya. They wanted nearly 20% APR from me. I went elsewhere and got 8.625%.

Message 6 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Message 7 of 12
heavyjay
Regular Contributor

Sent you a PM.

Message 8 of 12
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

A cheaper way to get an open installment loan is a SSL loan from a local CU.  FICO 08 doesn't care about the type of installment loan, it just wants to see an open one with less than 10% util.  Here is CGiD thread on how to do it with Alliant:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secu...

Message 9 of 12
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Who will benefit from this technique?
The people who will benefit the most are people who have no installment loans, open or closed, on their credit report.  People who will also benefit (but not as much) are people who do have a closed installment loan but who have no open installment loans.

I really wish I knew about this.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.