Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRA retirement to help CC cashback

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

IRA retirement to help CC cashback

Setting IRA retirement properly might be good to maximize cashbacks/points for some CCs. For example, having retirement with BOA and upgrading the customer level to platinum or better might be good to optimize the BOA CC cashbacks. Is there any option like this for the other CCs/banks? In this case, what would be the best recommendations to arrange these retirement matters?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
1 REPLY 1
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: IRA retirement to help CC cashback

This probably belongs more in the Personal Finance section, but i'll leave that to the mods to decide.

My advice is to never, ever let your CC awards dictate your retirement investment vehicle. Retirement funds have the potential to grow much faster and longer than any CC reward. If I put $250,000 in a bank that made me a 7% return and 1% more cashback on $50,000 spend a year versus parking that $250,000 with a bank that made me 8%, the 8% bank earns me a minimum of $3000/year more.

As for other banks, Chase Private Client is the same idea. They'll offer you perks and rewards in exchange for parking a lot of money with them. I'm pretty sure each major bank has a similar program.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.