Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Re: IRS wait

I'll be doing ours today after I take a nap (night worker). I must say, our taxes were much easier to do before I started delivering newspapers.
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Might be this years fraud delay...

Tax Hikes Act of 2015 requires the IRS to hold tax refunds for taxpayers who claim the earned income tax credit or the additional child tax credit until Feb. 15 this year.  

This is the first year they will be delayed. It is in an effort to allow the legal filers time to file before a fraudulent claim is paid (and hopefully throw up a flag).

The purpose of the delay is to stop fraud.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]
Frequent Contributor

Should be getting mine by Feb. 8th. Going from the checking straight to the Roth!

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Walmart Mastercard|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited
$52,300 total card credit FICO Equifax-799, FICO Transunion-776, DTI-3.3%
Frequent Contributor

I also filed 1/31 and my refund is set to be deposited on 2/7 according to the IRS.  About half of mine is going to pay off a CapOne card so that I can combine and not pay AF.  The rest is going to buy my kids a puppy.

EX671 TU 686 EQ 675
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Visa- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $500 Victoria's Secret- $1150 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $1400 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000
Auto Loan Opened 2-5-16 $2858/$5500
Super Contributor

And just the usual PSA: it's much better not to get refunds, you are giving interest free loans to the IRS

Valued Contributor

It looks like February 15 is a big day for many!

federal-refund-approved.png

[ Edited ]
Refund Date:

February 17, 2017

I have an absurdly large refund coming to me this year with how wayward my life was, and that's with claiming 5 federal/state allowances even.  Ah well, fully covers the Roth contribution (which I can actually make this year) and then some.  Probably just kick the remaining to my HELOC balance since I don't have it slated for anything else and just put the school financial remanents behind me.

Will try to suck less this year in terms of keeping more of my cash in hand rather than giving them a free loan, le sigh.  Ballpark another $600 lost given this last year's historical market performance I guess.

Starting Score: EQ 5 561, TU 98 567, EX 2 599 (12/30/11)
Current Score: EQ 5 693, TU 4 742, EX 2 702, EQ 8 722, TU 8 757, EX 8 737 (5/13/17)
Goal Score:    EQ 5 750, TU 4 750, EX 2 750, EQ 8 800, TU 8 Blah, EX 8 800 (01/01/18)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member

I don't know if it's because I had to wait a little longer to file, but I e-filed my taxes on Saturday, 1/11, and my federal refund is already pending in my bank account today, 1/14. On the IRS where's my refund site it hasn't even updated anything besides that I've filed. I'm pretty impressed in that turn around time. I'll see when the money actually comes off pending status and is available to me. 

Valued Member

gardini51 wrote:

I don't know if it's because I had to wait a little longer to file, but I e-filed my taxes on Saturday, 1/11, and my federal refund is already pending in my bank account today, 1/14. On the IRS where's my refund site it hasn't even updated anything besides that I've filed. I'm pretty impressed in that turn around time. I'll see when the money actually comes off pending status and is available to me. 

Well, my federal refund is in my bank account as of this morning. Not a bad turn around. The quickest I've ever gotten my refund.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.