cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In case any of you were wondering how i do it......

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

In case any of you were wondering how i do it......

I thought I would share my spending to for you guys to see how i have been able to do everything so well with little income. Also this can be an example how to lay everything out to see where things are. I use quicken so i took this screen shot since it does an awesome job of laying everyting out.

Income vs Expences 2014 YTD.jpg

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: In case any of you were wondering how i do it......

I'm sorry but I can't read it.

Something is out of focus. Could be my eyes!!  Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 26
Simply827
Established Contributor

It's not your eyes Marine. OP, could you maybe split it into 6 month chunks so we can see the info? Thanks

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 3 of 26
linux007969
Established Contributor

Income vs Expences 2014 YTD.jpg

Message 4 of 26
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

That's pretty impressive, linux. I also have a below-average income and I don't manage anywhere near that well.

How do you do without either a mortgage or rent payments? And how do you keep utilities so low?

I don't have a mortgage, but the upgrade expenses on my fixer house get heavy some months, and between water, electric, and winter heating fuel, the costs get painful at times.

Message 5 of 26
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

That's pretty impressive, linux. I also have a below-average income and I don't manage anywhere near that well.

How do you do without either a mortgage or rent payments? And how do you keep utilities so low?

I don't have a mortgage, but the upgrade expenses on my fixer house get heavy some months, and between water, electric, and winter heating fuel, the costs get painful at times.

living with my parents helps. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 26
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

Ohhhh, yeah, that will do it. I think I'll stick with my fixer house and higher costs, thank you. Smiley LOL But your income and cost breakdowns are interesting anyhow.

Message 7 of 26
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

Ohhhh, yeah, that will do it. I think I'll stick with my fixer house and higher costs, thank you. Smiley LOL But your income and cost breakdowns are interesting anyhow.

I think eating out at all is what gets most people :-(

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 26
linux007969
Established Contributor

Oh and as a note when you see " Cash Advance " under income, that is taking advantage of those checks bank of america sent out and direct deposit offers too as well as i did a balance transfer from my discover card into my bank account. All at 0% interest with a 3% fee. To me a 3% fee sure beats up to 22.9% interest anyday! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing, very interesting stuff. What did you buy in July. Or was that income. I think I'm confused. How many people are you buying groceries for, that is where the real money can be saved

I think in my humble early freelancing days of 09-10 I lived on 500 a month. That was before I started couponing too. There is a lot to be said for the humble days, you learn a lot, grow up or you don't. These days it will give you the confidence that no matter what your income level become or layoffs happen you will be ok. 

Do you have a mint account yet, its free and breaks down your expenses, lets you manage everything in one place. If I'm not  working or here, I'm usually in my mint account. LOL.  (now realizing your screenshot is from quicken Smiley Tongue)

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.