Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Barclays Barclays?

tag
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Is Barclays Barclays?

I also have saying account with them. But recently I shifted most of my savings to GE Capital Bank which is giving 1.05% right now.

Message 21 of 22
axxy
Regular Contributor

Re: Is Barclays Barclays?

How is GE Capital Bank, as far as website quality, speed of transfers, etc.?

I tested Barclay's recently and they took more than one day to transfer money out.  I'm hoping to find one that always only takes one day.  I also noticed their website doesn't have any way to ask them any questions.  And I don't see any way to change your user ID on their website.  And also it was complicated to login with keepass because their user ID and password screens both have the same screen title, which causes keepass to think they're both the same screen.  I had to program keepass with delays to make it do both screens as one action. The delays are needed because you can't predict how long it's going to take to go from one screen to the next.

Instead of putting my direct deposit into Barclays, if I continue to use it as savings, I will put it into my checking account, and move the excess to Barclays after paying bills.  That way I won't have to worry about how many days it takes to transfer money from Barclays to my checking account.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.