Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isn't it amazing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't it amazing?

How easy it is to spend money on credit but excruciatingly hard to save it. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Isn't it amazing?

I'll be starting a new monthly post thread called the "Savings Playground" which is like the "New Credit Garden" to help people find new ways to save and set personal goal posts for your savings journey.

For every $1 I make in net income, I save over 63 cents.  I spend the other 37 cents on either living expenses or personal travel.  I love saving and have dozens of savings accounts from IRA to crypto currency to general bank savings accounts to insurance deductible accounts.

Theoretically I could have retired at 40 just because I save so well.  Spending is boring to me, there is absolutely nothing I need, want or even look at whenever I go shopping.  The biggest expense I had in the past year other than personal travel was a nice gold watch I had been saving for since I was 19!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For some who spend money on credit it's even more excruciatingly hard to pay it back, let alone save it.

Message 3 of 4
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Some of us have the opposite problem. I put around $4,000 a month my paychecks into various savings and retirement plans, while spending less than $20 at Amazon and well under $500 combined for all retail purchases (clothing and such). I did just splurge and buy a new cutting board, but that's it for a while!

Sadly, even at that rate, I'm still at least 30 years away from having enough to retire.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.