Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan, LOC, or Credit card?

tag
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Re: Loan, LOC, or Credit card?

You could possibly get the Platinum card with them I believe it is that has their lowest interest rate and BT some or most of your high interest balances. You have the scored in your siggy to get it. 

But I hate you didn't get your CLOC. But on the flip side I haven't gotten one either, although I apped for one. But as you can see I have work to do on mine still 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 21 of 27
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

I would say check out SoFi. com and see if they can pre-qualify you. This is only a SP to pre-qual. Granted they like high earners with strong payment histories but seem OK with higher utilization. I was very surprised a few years ago when I was able to pay off my credit card debt with SoFi.

No go with Sofi or Bestegg.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 22 of 27
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Sandman771 wrote:

You could possibly get the Platinum card with them I believe it is that has their lowest interest rate and BT some or most of your high interest balances. You have the scored in your siggy to get it. 

But I hate you didn't get your CLOC. But on the flip side I haven't gotten one either, although I apped for one. But as you can see I have work to do on mine still 

I've got the scores, but I also have several maxed out accounts... with TWO Navy denials already today, I'm not sure I want a third....

Message 23 of 27
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@Sandman771 wrote:

on second thought...

...approved for $3.5k.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?????

Message 24 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@tcbofade wrote:

@Sandman771 wrote:

on second thought...

...approved for $3.5k.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?????

Congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

That doesn't surprise me at all... the credit card underwriting seems to be quite different from their installment loans (and even CLOC, although the CLOC can be unpredictable at times as well).

I'm assuming you went for the Platinum... what's your APR?

Message 25 of 27
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Message 26 of 27
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@tcbofade wrote:

That's OK too... the good thing about their credit cards is that they'll lower the rate after a year (and yearly after that). 

I got mine lowered 1% last year, but some people get it lowered by several points at once.  I plan to hit them up again next month; I'm hoping they'll be a little more 'generous' this time since they've lowered the best-offered rate on the plat since my last adjustment.

To keep the conversation from becoming split, I'll lock this one and continue over in your approval thread:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Navy-Platinum/m-p/5060627

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.