Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY WATER BILL IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!

tag
bclay
Valued Member

MY WATER BILL IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!

HELP!  I don't know what to do!  I have seriously had it with city water company!!!!  A little background I had water bill last summer of $1,700 than the next month $1,900 my usual water bill is $300-$450 depending on the season.  I couldn't pay all that at once so they set up a payment plan and I finally got it almost paid down.  I just got my water bill for this month $711.  When I got the first two high bills, I tried everything to get them to lower it!  They would NOT budge!  I even had a Licensed Plumber come out and asses, there were no leaks and he said it was impossible for us to use that much water!  I tried contacting our Mayor, no help there.  We had a our meter tested and the City said it was working properly.  However we did recieve a new one.  The problem is our Water Company is not being regulated by anyone, they can do whatever they want.  It is not just me that is receiveing these high water bills, our neignbors are too.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?  I am at a loss!  How can they expect us to pay this much for our water?!!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: MY WATER BILL IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!

@bclay wrote:

HELP!  I don't know what to do!  I have seriously had it with city water company!!!!  A little background I had water bill last summer of $1,700 than the next month $1,900 my usual water bill is $300-$450 depending on the season.  I couldn't pay all that at once so they set up a payment plan and I finally got it almost paid down.  I just got my water bill for this month $711.  When I got the first two high bills, I tried everything to get them to lower it!  They would NOT budge!  I even had a Licensed Plumber come out and asses, there were no leaks and he said it was impossible for us to use that much water!  I tried contacting our Mayor, no help there.  We had a our meter tested and the City said it was working properly.  However we did recieve a new one.  The problem is our Water Company is not being regulated by anyone, they can do whatever they want.  It is not just me that is receiveing these high water bills, our neignbors are too.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?  I am at a loss!  How can they expect us to pay this much for our water?!!

Why is your water bill even over $200? Is something leaking or are you constatly watering your lawn non stop?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 21
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I'd get a well put it if you're consistently paying these prices... it would pay for itself almost immediately!! Don't be subjected to their control. This is highway robbery.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you somewhere in central California?

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenny wrote:
I'd get a well put it if you're consistently paying these prices... it would pay for itself almost immediately!! Don't be subjected to their control. This is highway robbery.

Heck, it would be cheaper to truck seawater in from the coast and desalinate it yourself!

Message 5 of 21
tacpoly
Established Contributor

@bclay wrote:

Is the higher water bill because of increased usage or increased rates?  If it is increased usage, then you need to figure out where you are wasting the water.  If it is increased rates, then there's nothing to do except lower your usage. 

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy Crap! My water bill is consistently $28.00/mth. If I got a bill over $35 I would be upset. I hope you get it figured out and fixed ASAP!

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

im guessing you live in california?

thats the only logical explanation

Message 8 of 21
bclay
Valued Member

Actually we live in AZ.  We live on acre so that is why it is a higher water bill each month.  They won't allow to put a well in, becuase they own the water rights!

Message 9 of 21
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@bclay wrote:

Actually we live in AZ.  We live on acre so that is why it is a higher water bill each month.  They won't allow to put a well in, becuase they own the water rights!

So on this acre, what are you watering? Crops or just ornamental vegetation? If crops,  maybe you should look into some of the new, more efficient ways to water. There are some very clever new water-saving methods. If just lawn + other ornamentals -- STOP WATERING!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.