Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Street Bank

tag
TheFate
Established Contributor

Main Street Bank

Anyone here take advantage of Main Street Banks 2.25% APY Checking account? The rate is one of the best I've seen and I'm looking to take full advantage of it. Just completed the application and waiting on approval. Just wanted to see what others experiences are with this bank good or bad and if that rate has changed at all. 

I know they are FDIC insured but I'm always hesitant to transfer over 20k to a bank I'm unfamiliar with

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Main Street Bank

im also highly considering them for a high yield bank/cu account. unfortunately, i can't find any real comments/reviews about them anywhere!!!

btw was the application all done online? did it require a hard pull? anyway keep us posted with your app and overall experience with them in the coming months. 

Message 2 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

im also highly considering them for a high yield bank/cu account. unfortunately, i can't find any real comments/reviews about them anywhere!!!

btw was the application all done online? did it require a hard pull? anyway keep us posted with your app and overall experience with them in the coming months. 

Main Street Bank (MI) does a soft pull on Experian. They do have a terrific rate! Lake Michigan credit union is giving 3% up to $15,000. They do a hard pull on TU for membership.

Message 3 of 8
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That was the problem I had, couldn't find much info online about them. No, it was a soft pull I made sure of that. The application was online,  they asked for a copy of my drivers license and bill document for proof of address. Just submitted it and now waiting for my member number and approval.

I'm just surprised you can't find much info about them considering the awesome rate they offer. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

and when you say submitted, im hoping it was thru email and not snail mail??? i hate mailing stuff! 

fwiw, my Fidelity CMA and Alliant CU apps were all processed instantly and approved online. 

thanks again! 

Message 5 of 8
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

and when you say submitted, im hoping it was thru email and not snail mail??? i hate mailing stuff! 

fwiw, my Fidelity CMA and Alliant CU apps were all processed instantly and approved online. 

thanks again! 

No it was thru email and I agree I also hate snail mail seems so ancient

Yea I think DCU was the same way, guess they're trying to make sure you're not laundering lol either way im not worried about it

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

any updates? tia

Message 7 of 8
TheFate
Established Contributor

Yes, I have become a member.

It was pretty easy and no hard pull from what I can see after checking my report today. They've sent me a debit card and all I had to do to qualify for the 2.25% was make 12 transactions each month, setup E-enroll for paperless statements and setup a auto bill pay (ACH). Pretty simple.

They seem legit and I'm sure I'll have no trouble with them. I started off the account with only 5k. After I gain a little trust and see they are indeed true to their word I'll move remaining funds.

I'd say go for it Incubus!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.