Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marcus

tag
Xarquinn
New Contributor

Re: Marcus

Congratulations - awesome interest rate.  

I went through the same process but eventhough preapproved through their website the final decsision was a rejection for DTI being too high.  Its about 50% but I was planning on using the Marcus loan to re-finance two prosper loans which would have lowered it.

Starting Score: Low 500's (BK Ch7 Discharged 3/2010) Back in with almost all of the creditors that I burned.
Current Scores: 760 - 800 (BK dropped off Nov 2019)
Alliant CU Visa 10k; Merrick Bank 0.4k (keeping for age); Lowes 25k; Target MC 13k; Capital One 8k; PayPal 10k; Total Rewards (Comenity) 25k; Amex BCP 38k; Discover 28k; PenFed 15k, Chase Amazon 20k; FNBO 28k; Citibank 30k; BlockFi 15k; X1 33k. Local Credit Union HELCO: 97k. Utilization around 30% incl HELCO
Message 11 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so the rest of the story....

The loan process closed today, with disbursement to occur in 1-4 business days.

You can e-sign your paperwork, and set your "payment due" day, including setting up auto bill.

They pulled Transunion (my worst score)

They use FICO Score 9 (which translated to a 701 out of 850

At Credit Pull... My Transunion FICO 8 was 727

My RBTC ratio was 22%

My DTI is about a 1 to 3 ratio

My AAOA on Transunion is 5.5 years

I had 2 inquirys on TU, both over a year old

I have a very diverse credit portfolio with absolutely no bads and quite a few high credit limit cards.

Let me know if there is anything else that may seem helpful.

Best of luck!

Message 12 of 42
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so the rest of the story....

The loan process closed today, with disbursement to occur in 1-4 business days.

You can e-sign your paperwork, and set your "payment due" day, including setting up auto bill.

They pulled Transunion (my worst score)

They use FICO Score 9 (which translated to a 701 out of 850

At Credit Pull... My Transunion FICO 8 was 727

My RBTC ratio was 22%

My DTI is about a 1 to 3 ratio

My AAOA on Transunion is 5.5 years

I had 2 inquirys on TU, both over a year old

I have a very diverse credit portfolio with absolutely no bads and quite a few high credit limit cards.

Let me know if there is anything else that may seem helpful.

Best of luck!

Wow, a lender actually using FICO 9. Interesting.  My TU FICO 9 is 828.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 13 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you might qualify for 5.99!! ;-)

The ironic thing here is all my scores should be going up by 40-50 points once I pay off all my credit card debt.

Transunion will be the only one under 800, and only because they are hitting me hard for 3 closed "consumer finance" accounts, long paid off timeshare loans!

Message 14 of 42
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds like you might qualify for 5.99!! ;-)

The ironic thing here is all my scores should be going up by 40-50 points once I pay off all my credit card debt.

Transunion will be the only one under 800, and only because they are hitting me hard for 3 closed "consumer finance" accounts, long paid off timeshare loans!

Aren't you about to be adding a new "consumer finance" account, with 100% utilization?

Message 15 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Aren't you about to be adding a new "consumer finance" account, with 100% utilization?

Now thats an interesting question whos answer is compleatly unclear at this point. I did a lot of looking around before applying, and from everything I have read, "consumer finance" accounts seem to be considered "sub-prime" lender loans and the like. There dosnt seem to be any definitive criteria, its all very subjective to the CB thats tagging it.

As an example, TU is the only CB that considers my 3 timeshare loans to be consumer finance accounts, the other two dont penalize me for them.

This Marcus loan is backed by Goldman Sachs Bank, which is one of the reasons I went with them. Goldman Sachs is hardly considered a sub-prime lender or bank, and the terms are hardly sub prime either.

So, we will see when the new account hits my credit reports what happens. It may be another case of TU following its own drummer.

Message 16 of 42
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Now thats an interesting questions whos answer is compleatly unclear at this point. I did a lot of looking around before applying, and from everything I have read, "consumer finance" accounts seem to be considered "sub-prime" lender loans and the like. There dosnt seem to be any definitive criteria, its all very subjective to the CU thats tagging it.

As an example, TU is the only CU that considers my 3 timeshare loans to be consumer finance accounts, the other two dont penalize me for them.

This Marcus loan is backed by Goldman Sachs Bank, which is one of the reasons I went them them. Goldman Sachs is hardly considered a sub-prime lender or bank, and the terms are hardly sub prime either.

So, we will see when the new account hits my credit reports what happens. It may be another case of TU following its own drummer.

Well I hope for the best for you.

Message 17 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disbursment occured today and the account payoffs have begun. So from application to payout, it took 10 days, probably because I applied on a Saturday.

I will let you all know how this effects my credit as accounts report.

The inquery did hit TU a few days ago, but had no effect at all, probably since it was the only inquery younger than 13 months.

Message 18 of 42
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Now thats an interesting questions whos answer is compleatly unclear at this point. I did a lot of looking around before applying, and from everything I have read, "consumer finance" accounts seem to be considered "sub-prime" lender loans and the like. There dosnt seem to be any definitive criteria, its all very subjective to the CU thats tagging it.

As an example, TU is the only CU that considers my 3 timeshare loans to be consumer finance accounts, the other two dont penalize me for them.

This Marcus loan is backed by Goldman Sachs Bank, which is one of the reasons I went them them. Goldman Sachs is hardly considered a sub-prime lender or bank, and the terms are hardly sub prime either.

I'm not so sure that's the case for these kinds of loans.  I just got a $15K loan through Lending Club and it just started reporting with EX and I got a 16 point increase.  I also got an increase with EQ of 36 points, but it was mixed with one of my last two baddies falling off plus the decreased utilization on some of my credit cards.  I would imagine the baddie that fell off was probably the bulk of that score increase, but I believe the loan was probably second in terms of the increase in points.  I say that because I noticed that just the decrease in utilization (due to me paying down/off my credit cards) seemed to get me only a handful of points on TU and EX (less than 10 points each), even though some of those cards had 70%-80% utilization previously.  Just thought I'd share what my experience has been since it just happened.  I'd be curious to know how the CRA's react when your loan posts.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 19 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragonfly66 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not so sure that's the case for these kinds of loans.  I just got a $15K loan through Lending Club and it just started reporting with EX and I got a 16 point increase.  I also got an increase with EQ of 36 points, but it was mixed with one of my last two baddies falling off plus the decreased utilization on some of my credit cards.  I would imagine the baddie that fell off was probably the bulk of that score increase, but I believe the loan was probably second in terms of the increase in points.  I say that because I noticed that just the decrease in utilization (due to me paying down/off my credit cards) seemed to get me only a handful of points on TU and EX (less than 10 points each), even though some of those cards had 70%-80% utilization previously.  Just thought I'd share what my experience has been since it just happened.  I'd be curious to know how the CRA's react when your loan posts.

I will post as changes hit. I already got a 3 point increase from TU for some unknown reason as nothing has changed since the 21st of Jan.

Now, Lending Club is interesting because I have been reading that most peer lending loans ARE typically considered "Consumer Finance" accounts. Are any of the CRAs telling you that you are being penalized for having one?

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.