cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum amount that can be paid via WellsFargo BillPay?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maximum amount that can be paid via WellsFargo BillPay?

I'm wondering if there is a max amount that can be paid via WellsFargo's BillPay feature.

I have a bill from a creditor for $19,000 and I'd like to PIF. I called the creditor over the phone and they said the max they can accept over the phone is $9,999.99. When I go to input it into WellsFargo's Billpay nothing stops me or says I'm beyond a limit, but I just don't want anything to get held up because I missed something.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Re: Maximum amount that can be paid via WellsFargo BillPay?

All financial institutions must report all transactions $10,000 or greater to the Treasurary Departmant. This might be causing some problems for you

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

All financial institutions must report all transactions $10,000 or greater to the Treasurary Departmant. This might be causing some problems for you

My understanding is that banks are required to report cash transactions in excess of $10,000 but not ACH transactions.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone confirm if they've sent a payment through BillPay over 10k?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.