Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mint.com

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mint.com

Only classify a transaction when you first pay for it with a credit card (code them according to your budget categories such as gas, groceries, clothing, restaurants, etc). When you pay the credit card from your bank account, make sure to code it as "credit card payment" not as gas, groceries, clothing, restaurants, etc, otherwise you are duplicating the expenses. 

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are inerested in a mobile app, you can't beat Prism.

Message 12 of 20
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Only classify a transaction when you first pay for it with a credit card (code them according to your budget categories such as gas, groceries, clothing, restaurants, etc). When you pay the credit card from your bank account, make sure to code it as "credit card payment" not as gas, groceries, clothing, restaurants, etc, otherwise you are duplicating the expenses. 

This. You can code the transaction however you want. This is exactly what I do with my transactions. 

Personal:

Business:

Message 13 of 20
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are inerested in a mobile app, you can't beat Prism.

+1

prism is still growing and i wish they would make your "total amount owed" more visible in your list of upcoming bills (instead of defaulting to minimum). Don't get me wrong... I use it every day and love it!  Now that i'm not paying any CC's before statements cut, it really makes life easy.  I pay everything through prism.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like how easy Mint is to use, but I don't use it regularly. I use two factor authentication for every financial account that allows me to. Disabling it to allow Mint to access my financial details is a pain. 

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there.

To be honest I don't like Mint and services like it just because they don't help you to budget - they just show where did the money go. That's it. 

Yes, it's is really easy to track and see what's going on with your debit and saving account, but.... 

I used to try to use Mint before with no success. And I found a perfect system and service which helps me to budget and save my income.

YNAB - You Need A Budget - i've been using it for more than a year and it works really perfect for me. 

P.S.

Id doesn't matter how much money you earn, but how much money you spend

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been using Mint for a few months, added all the cards, mortgage, etc. but there are things I just don't like. On the left panel it reflects my current balances accurately and my total available cash. That's good. However, for example, my AMEX had a balance and I PIF a couple of weeks ago. On the right side I have an Alert to pay my AMEX bill by June 28th of the amount I paid on it a couple of weeks ago. That's what bothers me the most with Mint. 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use mint religiously. But it's important to make sure everything updates. Disregard the score, however, to keep track of 30+ cards and another 20+ cards for my significant other, makes it easier to manage where I keep balances each month etc. wonderful tool, subsequently, you should still check your statements
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is old, but I recently just started using Mint and Mint bills app, and think it's great. It shows the total amount of bills owed this month, and also reminds me when bills are due. I've tried other apps, but every app I used before, i would manually have to enter my due dates which was too much. With Mint, you can enter your credentials and it connects to the creditors. Two thumbs up from me for Mint + Mint Bills.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mint is great, I have the Mint App and it shows me my account balances all in one place and offers my Equifax Credit Score for free every 90 days, can't beat that and this all free no premium subscription required. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.