Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first dealings with NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first dealings with NFCU

Monday I printed out the app and sent it next day. I included copies of 4 government issued ids, last 2 pay stubs, 2015 W-2 and the email from NLUS. Wednesday I received an email stating that they had received it and would review it. Today I called to check the status. First let me say that I have never had a CSR that was both this friendly and helpful. I really believe she cares about her customers. I hope she is representative of all NFCU CSRs. She checked with the banking div that had my app and said I would be getting an email in a few days as they would need me to send in some docs. I told her everything that I included and she said a person enters the info off the app into the computer and then throws all the paper away. I hope this experience gets better. I did receive the email and sent them a copy of my DL and W-2. Wasn't sure where to put this but since its leading to a CC app I put it here.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My first dealings with NFCU

@Anonymous wrote:

Monday I printed out the app and sent it next day. I included copies of 4 government issued ids, last 2 pay stubs, 2015 W-2 and the email from NLUS. Wednesday I received an email stating that they had received it and would review it. Today I called to check the status. First let me say that I have never had a CSR that was both this friendly and helpful. I really believe she cares about her customers. I hope she is representative of all NFCU CSRs. She checked with the banking div that had my app and said I would be getting an email in a few days as they would need me to send in some docs. I told her everything that I included and she said a person enters the info off the app into the computer and then throws all the paper away. I hope this experience gets better. I did receive the email and sent them a copy of my DL and W-2. Wasn't sure where to put this but since its leading to a CC app I put it here.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's always nice to get excellent service. 

Message 2 of 7
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

my limited dealings with them have been excellent as well.  total pros.  ditto for penfed.  they are no bs get it done lenders.  never talked with chase but they seem pretty on it as well via sm

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had my 1st NFCU interaction today. I was pretty impressed with the level of customer service especially since I called during "odd" hours. :-)
Message 4 of 7
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Navy is, and has always been great with customer service. Even when they decline a request, they're friendly about it.
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be OK> joined via SNL as well. Former military here. Sent in Passport and DL, E-mail and Credit card receipt for SNL.

No paystubs or POA. Welcome e-mail took a week. Called to verify - all good and legitimate. Be patient

Message 6 of 7
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

The folks in the local branch are pretty awesome as well.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.