Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NASA, NFCU OR SDFCU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NASA, NFCU OR SDFCU?

Trying to decide which would be the best option for my current situation.  Just need advice, not a lecture.

~I found an unpaid Federal Tax Lien for $1646 on all three Credit Reports and it's been on there for almost 7 years.  It is a joint return, but I was NOT working then. 

~I currently have high utilization (88% & 92 %) on two Cap 1 cards from medical bills.  Husband fell 20 feet and broke his leg in September.  Paying monthly to reduce these.

~My OVERALL utilization is 46%, my Debt to Income says 4% on Quizzle.  AAoA depends on which report you pull.  I have gotten new accounts this year.

I hate to use HP's if it will result in a denial so I want to weigh my chances first.  I've read where some have been approved with open tax liens greater than mine, but I don't know if the high utilization would be a huge negative.

NASA?

NFCU?  (YES, I am eligible through my son.)

SDFCU?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Re: NASA, NFCU OR SDFCU?

@Anonymous wrote:

Trying to decide which would be the best option for my current situation.  Just need advice, not a lecture.

~I found an unpaid Federal Tax Lien for $1646 on all three Credit Reports and it's been on there for almost 7 years.  It is a joint return, but I was NOT working then. 

~I currently have high utilization (88% & 92 %) on two Cap 1 cards from medical bills.  Husband fell 20 feet and broke his leg in September.  Paying monthly to reduce these.

~My OVERALL utilization is 46%, my Debt to Income says 4% on Quizzle.  AAoA depends on which report you pull.  I have gotten new accounts this year.

I hate to use HP's if it will result in a denial so I want to weigh my chances first.  I've read where some have been approved with open tax liens greater than mine, but I don't know if the high utilization would be a huge negative.

NASA?

SDFCU?

I think NFCU will be the flexible and will give you the most opportunity. SDFCU will grow your credit but will not unsecure, as far as NASA goes it appears that ship has sailed most recent approvals seem to be for CS's in the 700 ranges. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU would be my choice.  They seem tax lien friendly

NASA doesn't like tax liens (at least that's what they told me)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU would be my choice.  They seem tax lien friendly

NASA doesn't like tax liens (at least that's what they told me)

Good to know.  Thank you.  Would love a lower apr to do a bt.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joedtx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

NASA?

SDFCU?

I think NFCU will be the flexible and will give you the most opportunity. SDFCU will grow your credit but will not unsecure, as far as NASA goes it appears that ship has sailed most recent approvals seem to be for CS's in the 700 ranges. Yes, I just noticed that.  Oh well.  Thought a SP would be better.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.