cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU App - current timeframe to hear?

tag
GMB1000

Re: NFCU App - current timeframe to hear?

I submitted my application and supporting documentation by email around 5:00pm on Monday, June 27. I was approved for membership around 2:00pm on Friday, July 8.

FWIW when I called in to check on the status of my application on July 6 I was told they were caught up on applications received through June 24 and working on applications received on June 25 and later. My application to approval date jives with that, but of couse it doesn't account for some people who were somehow approved much quicker than I was. Anyway, my guess is if you haven't been approved already it should happen this week. 

Message 11 of 310
kobe2012
Established Contributor

I reached out to them thru another email because I'm almost two weeks in...had to resubmit my app by fax last Thursday 07/07 after waiting for 8 days from the initial email app... On 07/07, they said another 3-5 business days... It's pretty much starting over... I'm gonna wait for their call tomorrow .. It took me 10 mins to open an account with Penfed ..

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 12 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kobe2012 wrote:
I reached out to them thru another email because I'm almost two weeks in...had to resubmit my app by fax last Thursday 07/07 after waiting for 8 days from the initial email app... On 07/07, they said another 3-5 business days... It's pretty much starting over... I'm gonna wait for their call tomorrow .. It took me 10 mins to open an account with Penfed ..

I was one of those approved immediately for membership and a credit card. Two days later someone decided that my information had been used fraudently so I had to fax a document they sent me and sign that no, it was really me who applied. As I mentioned earlier, I have faxed the information three times. (I have my credit card, but can't activate it yet, of course.) Fingers crossed that all this is resolved in the next few days. If not by this Wednesday, I will call again. Smiley Tongue My original approval was on June 29th. Hope this helps.

Message 13 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

Posted my timeframe here - I'm an already approved, current member, my accounts are still locked, unfortunately, and I keep getting asked for the same documents:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/NFCU-Credit-Card-Checking-Line-of-Credit-amp-Checki...

Message 14 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

GMB1000 wrote:

I submitted my application and supporting documentation by email around 5:00pm on Monday, June 27. I was approved for membership around 2:00pm on Friday, July 8.

FWIW when I called in to check on the status of my application on July 6 I was told they were caught up on applications received through June 24 and working on applications received on June 25 and later. My application to approval date jives with that, but of couse it doesn't account for some people who were somehow approved much quicker than I was. Anyway, my guess is if you haven't been approved already it should happen this week. 

12 days behind

Well, if this is the case with applications 12 days behind, personal expectations need to be possibly adjusted.

While we live in an on demand / instant gratification world, we still need to at times wait on others to do things for us.

*  If this was a service being PAID for, instead of the submission of an application, my comments would OBVIOUSLY be different right now.

Try to find some additional patience, it is well worth the wait.

Best Wishes!

Message 15 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

Certainly many of us have patience, but when they are locking the accounts of current, approved members and requesting the same documents to be sent multiple times to the same department, it shows a level of disorganization at NFCU that is troubling.

Waiting for an application to be approved is certainly reasonable; I'm just concerned that the way they are handling things with some of us is not very organized.

Message 16 of 310
kobe2012
Established Contributor

I agree that even though they are one of the most lenient banks, I'm starting to think they are the most disorganized I have ever dealt with... Almost two weeks and still waiting ..

@Humuhumu... Maybe u can try to download a scanner app on ur phone ... In that case, u can just scan ur documents and it'll convert to pdf file and u can send them... That's what I did just in case they say they didn't receive my faxed docs.. I'll just resend everything again thru email ..

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 17 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kobe2012 wrote:
I agree that even though they are one of the most lenient banks, I'm starting to think they are the most disorganized I have ever dealt with... Almost two weeks and still waiting ..

@Humuhumu... Maybe u can try to download a scanner app on ur phone ... In that case, u can just scan ur documents and it'll convert to pdf file and u can send them... That's what I did just in case they say they didn't receive my faxed docs.. I'll just resend everything again thru email ..

Thank you, kobe, I agree with what you are saying.

I did send them a pdf of my proof of residence last week, and still received the e-mail from the same department (BSA department) this morning asking me to send it to them. Remember that I'm already a member and had provided these documents initially. I printed it out, took a clear photo of the printed statement, and re-sent it via e-mail this morning.

I called in this morning, and all they can say is to wait 5 more business days and I should hear something. That's a generic answer, not an answer that provides me with a solution, while my accounts remain locked.

This is all just so unnecessary and is wasting a lot of time as well. I'm sorry for anyone else having to go through this, too.

Message 18 of 310
Gmood1
Super Contributor

They had me do the same. I decided to save images of what they requested on my desktop.
Using FaxZero.com being a smart ass, I flooded them with the same fax nearly everyday for two weeks! Did the same to Equifax until they removed the wrong info from my CR. Lol
Hey it worked. I'm sure everyone in the fraud department knows me on a intimate level now. Lmao
Message 19 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
They had me do the same. I decided to save images of what they requested on my desktop.
Using FaxZero.com being a smart ass, I flooded them with the same fax nearly everyday for two weeks! Did the same to Equifax until they removed the wrong info from my CR. Lol
Hey it worked. I'm sure everyone in the fraud department knows me on a intimate level now. Lmao

LOL..... I must admit I did send the same e-mail with documentation attached 5 times this morning just to ensure that they had enough copies. I'm glad I'm not the only one. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 310
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.