cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU App - current timeframe to hear?

tag
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU App - current timeframe to hear?

No news here, on day 9.

Message 41 of 310
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Update:  I am in NFCU via Navy League.  Applied Navy League 6/28.  Navy Fed 7/1 online.  I assume becasue of the holiday I got an email back thanking me for applying and send documentation.  (Navy League receipt) only.  Sent receipt via fax 7/5, called was told check back in 3 to 5 days.  Called on 7/12..."we never got your fax".  Resent fax and was told to callback in a half hour to make sure they recevied it.  Called back, "I dont know why they told you to callback, you have to wait 3 more days etc.."  Just got an email welcoming me to the CU.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 42 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustBPatient wrote:

Update:  I am in NFCU via Navy League.  Applied Navy League 6/28.  Navy Fed 7/1 online.  I assume becasue of the holiday I got an email back thanking me for applying and send documentation.  (Navy League receipt) only.  Sent receipt via fax 7/5, called was told check back in 3 to 5 days.  Called on 7/12..."we never got your fax".  Resent fax and was told to callback in a half hour to make sure they recevied it.  Called back, "I dont know why they told you to callback, you have to wait 3 more days etc.."  Just got an email welcoming me to the CU.

Congratulations on your new membership!

If they never requested a copy of your ID and proof of residence, I'd send it now -  the NFCU BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) Department operates separately from the membership department, and my impression has been that BSA reviews these things and locks up accounts if proof of identity and proof of residency are not both on file in their department.

The two departments don't seem to communicate very well with one another, and the BSA department has federal regulations that require them to obtain proof of identity and proof of residence from members.

BSA is their compliance department, if that makes sense.

Just a heads up from somene who is still locked and frozen after being approved for membership and credit products. I would not want to see you have the same experience.

Message 43 of 310
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Good call.  I will ring them tomorrow and see if they need it.  You know when I called them the first time, I asked them if they needed Id's etc and they said no, just what we asked for, which I thought was odd, but I guess it's not that much different from an online CC app.  Better safe then sorry, I will follow up.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 44 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustBPatient wrote:

Good call.  I will ring them tomorrow and see if they need it.  You know when I called them the first time, I asked them if they needed Id's etc and they said no, just what we asked for, which I thought was odd, but I guess it's not that much different from an online CC app.  Better safe then sorry, I will follow up.

Good plan. Humu and I have been "stuck in the system" for a while. I wouldn't want it to happen to anyone else.

Message 45 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustBPatient wrote:

Good idea, JustBPatient. I had the same scenario happen with membership - they told me, no we don't need it. 

The trouble is that the BSA Department has federal regulations that require them to obtain copies of proof of identity and proof of residence and keep them on file. It's not optional. I'm starting to understand that no one tells the membership department that.

My guess is that membership lets us join, underwriting approves us for credit products, and then we get all of our accounts frozen by BSA because of federal regulations that they need to meet.

I think NFCU should be more organized and not approve anyone until the BSA requirements are met. 

Message 46 of 310
kobe2012
Established Contributor

They had me resent the app by email .. The rep stated they are getting so many faxes and email would be the fastest way to apply ... Soooo, don't fax!! Just a heads up people

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 47 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kobe2012 wrote:
They had me resent the app by email .. The rep stated they are getting so many faxes and email would be the fastest way to apply ... Soooo, don't fax!! Just a heads up people

My documents had to be faxed. They are waaaay behind processing those faxes.

Message 48 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

My documents had to be faxed. They are waaaay behind processing those faxes.

This is another issue that a number of us are running into - I've been asked to email the same set of documents three times, and Musiclover has been asked to fax her documents three separate times (hers were required by NFCU to be sent via fax, as she mentions above)

palmdale has also had similar issues with having to re-send documents via email.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/NFCU-Credit-Card-Checking-Line-of-Credit-amp-Checking-account/td-p/4658515

These are all going to the same department, so there seems to be a serious problem with disorganization over there.

Seems to be more of an issue of people in that department not knowing which end is up.

Message 49 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if this helped me, but I was one of the lucky quick ones.    I emailed all my docs to them, with JPEG photos taken from my phone.  Drivers license front and back, proof of address (top of bank statement from my primary bank), and a JPEG screenshot of 1) my charge with amex to NLUS, and 2) screenshot of NLUS app which says San Diego.        I used medium resolution for photos on an IPhone 6plus.        

Message 50 of 310
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.