cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU App - current timeframe to hear?

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU App - current timeframe to hear?

I really wish they would have done all they verification prior for us too , you would think that would be number one, oh well just praying for those that are left frozen to have speedy response for it all !
Message 81 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Glad to hear you got it sorted out Humu!  As stated with you yesterday was glad I had to get the BSA dept. done intially so I didn't run into this problem down the line.. All the issues were out of my way before memberhsip.

Thanks, CC! It would have been nice if they had not kept losing my information along the way, and if the departments had been communicating with each other, it should not have happened.

Glad to have things unfrozen. 

Message 82 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very very happy for you!!!    Heart

I agree that they must be overwhelmed.     It's so hard not to take things like this personally and get upset, but you kept a level head!   

Fingers crossed for everyone else!   

Message 83 of 310
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Very very happy for you!!!    Heart

I agree that they must be overwhelmed.     It's so hard not to take things like this personally and get upset, but you kept a level head!   

Fingers crossed for everyone else!   

Thank you, Lola, I really appreciate your kind comments!

I'm rooting for the success of everyone else as well, and I fully expect we will hear of more success stories next week! Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 5.04.21 PM.png

Message 84 of 310
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
But they the rep I spoke with bf my fiancé opened his own account said yes he was more than eligible if we can prove we share the same address , which we can and have by sending in insurance papers , and bank statements, also have lease agreement if they need that too , just upsets me they put stuff on their website and then act like you are a crook if you go thru their process amd get approved . Makes no sense .

Hang in there Aduke1122!

I agree completely that it's not right that they encourage people to join via channels that are acceptable, only to later penalize those same people.  I'll also add to make sure (if possible) that your address as listed on your driver's license is the same as your fiancé, since it's possible to be on the same rental contract and/or insurance policy without actually living together (I'm not saying this is 'right', just that it's been the past experience of others).

They might not be that 'picky' with you, but in other cases the address matching on the picture ID was the 'linchpin' to getting things quickly resolved (key word - quickly).  As a last-resort if adding your fiancé is problematic you might consider adding him after your wedding, since that would be no problem in any case.

In any case, I hope it's resolved for you quickly!  Smiley Wink

Message 85 of 310
Billybob_TX
Frequent Contributor

Datapoints:

June 24 joined Navy League San Diego.

June 25 applied by email to NFCU using printed-out application with normal supporting docs.

Waited about 3 or 4 days, called NFCU, no record of me or my app.

June 30 applied by online app to NFCU.

July 6 received email from BSADOCS, sent them ID document. (Only thing they asked for)

July 11 received email from MEMBERSHIPDOCS, sent them NLSD membership proof. (Only thing they asked for)

July 14 received "Welcome" email.

So, a little over 2 weeks start to finish, now I will wait a bit to see if they lock me up or whatever, before apping for credit products.

I think since BSA got to me first, that part is done, but will wait anyway.

Message 86 of 310
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

UncleB thanks for mentioning the part about the addresses on DL , which we just moved to Kansas not too long ago and infact still have arkansas DL so the addys dont match there , this concerns me but we are having our tags changed this coming week to KS and we're already planning to have DLs changed also , we also have current pay stubs of his showing his address same as mine , and bank statements, the only utility bill we have is in my name only ., we have tax records from last year with the same address too .
Message 87 of 310
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
UncleB thanks for mentioning the part about the addresses on DL , which we just moved to Kansas not too long ago and infact still have arkansas DL so the addys dont match there , this concerns me but we are having our tags changed this coming week to KS and we're already planning to have DLs changed also , we also have current pay stubs of his showing his address same as mine , and bank statements, the only utility bill we have is in my name only ., we have tax records from last year with the same address too .

You should be fine.  Smiley Wink

In both states I've had the "pleasure" of getting car tags with, I was required to get my DL changed over first before they would let me get my new plates, so that will all work itself out. 

Just a thought... if you applied for membership with your new Kansas address but the address on your ID is for a different state, that could have been something that got you flagged (I recall them asking me to enter my DL# and state online when I applied for membership).  If this was the case, I feel a little better about things (at least in this situation) since they're just making sure it's really 'you' applying for the account. 

I know this is all a 'pain' but once resolved I suspect you'll feel it was worth the hassle, and the inconvenience will just be like a bad dream.  Smiley Happy

Message 88 of 310
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yes it did ask for DL state , and address on DL for the online app , I can see that being a reason to get flagged , yes we have to take a day off work bc it's gonna take ALL DAY to get DL and then Tags done ..
Message 89 of 310
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I can't blame them at all they have to look out for these sort of things , just the only thing that upsets me is the way they went about approving is for membership, letting us app for products then only to freeze the accounts, oh well they are the number 1 CU in the country so if I have to jump hurdles a little bit I will do lol
Message 90 of 310
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.