cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU. Better to sign up online or go into a branch?

tag
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

NFCU. Better to sign up online or go into a branch?

Hi MyFico Family-

Do you think its better to go into a local branch to sign up for membership and apply for a cc or online?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU. Better to sign up online or go into a branch?

I have a branch a little over an hour away and it was very smooth.   My sponsor went with me so that helped a lot, I'm sure

Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Derrick1977 wrote:

Hi MyFico Family-

Do you think its better to go into a local branch to sign up for membership and apply for a cc or online?

i first tried submittinv my application and papers via email and after a week and a half still had no answer, decided to drive over to a branch and was instantly inducted as a member that day , came home and applied for credit card and approved. So i would say yes BRANCH is Better,

Message 3 of 30
juniornj23
Established Contributor

Always is better in person if they need something you could answer.
Amex ED (2000) Amex BCE (2000) Amex macys (5000) Amex Gold , VENTURE (5000) MC PLATINUM (600) CAP QUICKSILVERONE (1250) CAP QUICKSILVER (4500) CAP QUICKSILVER (3500) PENFED AMEX (5000) PENFED CASH REWARDS (25,000) PENDFED REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE (20,000) UPROMISE (1000) NFL (4000) OVERSTOCK (2800) HSN (3200) DISCOVER IT(8500) AMAZON PRIME (10000) MARVEL(7000) BOF VISA(2000) BEST BUY VISA CITI (9000) BLISPAY (9000)Amex Magnet (10,000) Uber (3100)

WELCOME TO 100K CLUB . LAST APP 08/29/18 Credit Score 8 TU 720 EQ 705 EX 724

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 720
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

CARD I want .
Chase Freedom and US cash +

Now back to the garden until 2020
Message 4 of 30
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a branch a little over an hour away and it was very smooth.   My sponsor went with me so that helped a lot, I'm sure

Wish I had a sponsor to go with me but I will take my sponsor on this sheet of paper I have from NLSD lol. 

Message 5 of 30
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Derrick1977 wrote:

Hi MyFico Family-

i first tried submittinv my application and papers via email and after a week and a half still had no answer, decided to drive over to a branch and was instantly inducted as a member that day , came home and applied for credit card and approved. So i would say yes BRANCH is Better,

This is exactly what I want to do. Go in the branch, apply to get the membership and then ccome home and apply for a credit card.   How long did it take you to apply in the branch and what all did you take when you went in?

Message 6 of 30
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@juniornj23 wrote:
Always is better in person if they need something you could answer.

Well Im headed to the branch in the morning lol. 

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Derrick1977 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Derrick1977 wrote:

Hi MyFico Family-

This is exactly what I want to do. Go in the branch, apply to get the membership and then ccome home and apply for a credit card.   How long did it take you to apply in the branch and what all did you take when you went in?

it took about 2 hrs because they were not sure about the process at the branch, they had to call it in and verify, i took my welcome letter from navy league my license and money to fund the checking and savings. best of luck and keep us updated.

Message 8 of 30
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Derrick1977 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Derrick1977 wrote:

Hi MyFico Family-

it took about 2 hrs because they were not sure about the process at the branch, they had to call it in and verify, i took my welcome letter from navy league my license and money to fund the checking and savings. best of luck and keep us updated.

I definitely will.  Thanks so much. 

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely in person, if at all possible. I didn't do that because the nearest branch is four hours away. It took me from June 28th (joining the Navy League) to July 19th to be approved immediately, have my account frozen, sending in fraud form and processing of form. Here is more detail, if you are interested:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Personal-Finance/NFCU-through-Navy-League-Time-Line/m-p/4687676#U468...

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.