Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC Approved before CC!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLOC Approved before CC!!!!

Hey @enjoi I've asked at least a dozen CSR's of they could use the same pull to get a secured and they keep telling me no. That every product requires a new application. I love NFCU but I think this is just plain old silly. I really don't like how pull happy they are especially when their lending criteria is so top secret. Spoke to an underwriter from Penfed the other day, and she told me the scores they like to see, what fico model that use, and that they like to see 3-4 years of positive repayment history above anything else. Now I know not to waste apps and inqs on them.
Message 11 of 13
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

Yes it can be frustrating for sure.  There are people who get approved for the card with much lower scores, but don't have a BK.

NFCU does pull a report, but they use an internal score that ranges from 150-450 i believe.

No guarantee that they will reuse the HP but after I was denied I tried to recon and they said no due to the recent BK and suggested the secured card so I asked if they would reuse the same HP and they did.

IMO even if it takes two HP's it's worth getting in with them without having to wait a year post DC.  If you are really sensitive to the INQ then you can always just app for the secured card knowing you will be approved and it will graduate with time.  I only have 3 INQ so I wasn't all that worried about it since I have the cards I need now and will just continue to garden for a while.  Thinking about applying for an unsecured card in december once I hit that one year mark if my current card has not unsecured by then.

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I think we'll just go the secured route. I should have done that back in November after the discharge but I held out hope for too long. Hearing that their cards sometimes graduate as soon as 7 months now so that's great.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.