Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Contributor

NFCU CLOC DATAPOINTS

well, i decided to try for the CLOC and Auto loan with NFCU the other day. and im proud and shocked to say, IM APPROVED!

I didnt expect it, but im not complaining. still waiting on the auto refinance.

i know this will be moved, but ive been making headway in this section, so i wanted to post in here for the data points. 

Thank you to everyone who is involved in these forums!

data points:

TU- 652/ 24%UTI/  5 derog(judgements) / AAoA 2yr 1 mo/ 35inq

EQ- 640/ 32%UTI/  4 derog(judgements) / AAoA 2yr 1mo/ 22inq

EX- 645

They are FICO8 scores.

CLOC.png

Contributor

Re: NFCU CLOC DATAPOINTS

wanted to add, i also have the Gorewards card with them. 1300sl.

ran quite a bit of money through this card in the 1.5 mo ive had it. 

multiple payments monthly.

Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

I wish I could understand why NFCU takes huge risks approving a profile like the OP's. Please don't take offense OP, but I really am interested the reasoning.

AMEX BCE $9000- DCU Platinum $10000- Chase FU $11700- AMEX EDP $15000- NFCU CLOC $15000- Penfed Promise $25000- Cap1 Premier Dining $25000- NFCU Go Rewards $27100- Venture $27750 **As of 4/22/17** EX- 746(21) TU- 752(17) EQ- 739(12) UTI 3%- Clean Files-
Valued Member

Congrats and thank you for the data points. It gives me hope for eventual success with them. Gotta love NFCU!

Starting the rebuild from BK 7 - Filed 2/28/17, 341 4/3/17, Awaiting discharge in June
pre BK: EQ-546 TU-562 EX-555
4/3/17: EQ-564 TU-571 EX-578
Live, learn, and overcome
Contributor

Well that wasn't very nice. Thanks for the positivity and self worth boost there, Donny!
I have worked my ace off getting where i am, and im EXTREMELY proud of my accomplishments, including the "risk" that NFCU handed me. If you want to look at things that way, you have more credit than i do, you're far more of a "risk" than I am.

No seriously though, i see where you're coming from, and honestly, i was shocked. But, like my others, i will use responsibility and continue going up!
Senior Contributor

Branhl1986 wrote:
Well that wasn't very nice. Thanks for the positivity and self worth boost there, Donny!
I have worked my ace off getting where i am, and im EXTREMELY proud of my accomplishments, including the "risk" that NFCU handed me. If you want to look at things that way, you have more credit than i do, you're far more of a "risk" than I am.

No seriously though, i see where you're coming from, and honestly, i was shocked. But, like my others, i will use responsibility and continue going up!

OP trust me, i was as bad as you can become with every possible derogatory and delinquency you can think of. 

You should be proud that you are growing! Congrats!

AMEX BCE $9000- DCU Platinum $10000- Chase FU $11700- AMEX EDP $15000- NFCU CLOC $15000- Penfed Promise $25000- Cap1 Premier Dining $25000- NFCU Go Rewards $27100- Venture $27750 **As of 4/22/17** EX- 746(21) TU- 752(17) EQ- 739(12) UTI 3%- Clean Files-
Contributor

I was just giving ya *bleep* (doodoo) donny. 😂

I'm very proud. Just goes to show, sometimes....people get the chance they needed to improve their life, make that change, etc.
You never know if you don't try.
Valued Contributor

I understand where Donny is coming from sometimes I guess we will never know the answers to these things . But either way a Big Congrats to you op

[ Edited ]

My scores (not stats) are lower than the OP's and I got approved for 16,000. That is a far cry from the CL increase I requested and got from Capital One from $500 to $1,500.00

I can understand why a Mlitary Credit Union or bank would take bigger risks if most of their clientele are military members. Because if you don't pay, they are going to get their money one way or another. Whether it's taking money out of your pay or writing a letter to your commanding officer. Or both. I've seen it done many times. 

I'm with the Original Poster though. Very, very grateful for the opportunity now that I'm "grown up" too. Will use this credit extremely wisely (gas/restaurants only) and watch as my scores grow to Morgage approval levels!

Thanks for sharing. 

Current FICO Scores (Starting): EQ: 609 - TU: 646 - EX: 620
CARDS:
NFCU GORewards Visa - CL $16K
Capital One Platinum Mastercard - CL $1.5K
Credit One Cash Rewards Visa - CL $0.4K
*Gardening until approved for a mortgage*
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I completely understand where Mil credit unions come from being a bit more ... tolerant and generous.... Sometimes they are alloting credit to folks who may not have learned how to deal with credit initially and feel they should give them a chance... It can be a problem with newer military folk since living and budgeting as an enlisted folk is not quite the same as having a job.. and a lot easier to get into a crunch...... plus they are experts at setback......  Have experience dealing with a DOD/Govt FCU and they sometimes have products that arent avalible at your typical bank for situations (a bridge loan when govt employees were required to work but were not being paid is one example).. and want to actually help try to improve the financial education and situation of the member... Some are still quite conservative but even so, theres more options than in major banks to grow..) Im surprised with how much NavyFed puts up with sometimes with their members (old and new)... (Im coming from watching the shenanigans of a friend and his accounts with Navy... I would have terminated his membership for some of what he has done) 

-J

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.