Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU CLOC

Hi MILOfico, scores are whats generated each month for maintaning credit , good or bad, through thick or thin, the other letters are just code for Navy rocksSmiley Wink
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,once util. Down you will be fine

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes,once util. Down you will be fine

I'm hoping, when i go for the CLI, i'm also going to try for a second card and cloc.   get it all done at once and if it works great if not, just chill for another 12 months or so

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,AverageJoesCredit they do rock!!! Rite now they got me CD crazy😵 ....

Soon they will have it all ..........all I tell you AJC!!!

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jago22

Not bad plan at all
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous

Not bad plan at all
Thanks.  i have seen lesser get more, so i'm hopeful.  I know there is alot to a profile and YMMV but i figure its worth a shot.
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jago22

They are very good bank to have on ...ones fico journey....so far very generous😆

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous

They are very good bank to have on ...ones fico journey....so far very generous😆

Very much so.  they gave me that card when all i could get was low secured cards.   I have seen stories of great increases and here lately some stories of navy might be tightening up a bit, so i'm not sure what i can/would be able to get but i figure if i dont try i'll never know.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question about the CLOC.  After talking to the rep today at NFCU he told me it would show up as "inactive" on my account until I actually used this CL for a purchase.  Does that mean it won't show up on my CR as a $10,000.00 CL (that's what I was approved for) until I "activate it" or am I misunderstanding what he was talking about?

@Anonymous     Would you mind sharing data points?   The reason i started this was to find data points as if i was likely or unlikely to be able to get one Smiley Happy

OK, I joined NFCU in December, 2016 by opening a savings account with $75.  With my 650'(ish) TU score, I immediately applied for their Signature Visa Rewards card and was shocked to be approved for $5000 since I had several cards, most ranging between $1k & $2.5k each.  In the last 7 +or- months with them, I've applied for a few CLI's, denied every time.  The last explanation for denial was insuffient income ($53k/yr, too many recent inquiries (look up my first post here and you'll understand - lonnnng story!) and too many new accounts.  I called them up and asked for some mercy and a CLI despite all of the noted, pleading my case.  The L/O told me "No.  Try again in a few months and keep your account in good standing." 

I asked her (I read about the CLOC on here) if there was anyway I could apply for the CLOC and the L/O informed me that was a whole different department, would require another hard-pull and I asked her why another HP?  She informed me that department pulled up a whole different report than the one they used for my CLI request.  I told her to please transfer me to that department and she did.

The other lady was very pleasant, explained all of the in's and out's of a CLOC and and I explained all of my concerns about another HP on my report and she asked very detailed questions as to why, which I answered honestly.  I explained I developed an emergency strategy to rebuild my credit back into the high 700's after a financially nasty divorce (again, see my first post here), including crappy cards with high AF's, crappy store cards, then replacing them with premium cards along the way - never dropping my available credit limit but keeping it at a slow climb all the while.  She asked questions during all of this and then she asked me if I wanted to "go for it" and see what happens.  I told her "why the heck not" and she asked me for how much.  I said I'd be glad just to start out with $10k (I know, I've since learned always ask for the maximum since).  10 seconds later, she said "Congratulations!  Your CLOC has been approved!"  Again - SHOCK.

So anyway, I hope this answers your question :-)

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, I joined NFCU in December, 2016 by opening a savings account with $75.  With my 650'(ish) TU score, I immediately applied for their Signature Visa Rewards card and was shocked to be approved for $5000 since I had several cards, most ranging between $1k & $2.5k each.  In the last 7 +or- months with them, I've applied for a few CLI's, denied every time.  The last explanation for denial was insuffient income ($53k/yr, too many recent inquiries (look up my first post here and you'll understand - lonnnng story!) and too many new accounts.  I called them up and asked for some mercy and a CLI despite all of the noted, pleading my case.  The L/O told me "No.  Try again in a few months and keep your account in good standing." 

I asked her (I read about the CLOC on here) if there was anyway I could apply for the CLOC and the L/O informed me that was a whole different department, would require another hard-pull and I asked her why another HP?  She informed me that department pulled up a whole different report than the one they used for my CLI request.  I told her to please transfer me to that department and she did.

The other lady was very pleasant, explained all of the in's and out's of a CLOC and and I explained all of my concerns about another HP on my report and she asked very detailed questions as to why, which I answered honestly.  I explained I developed an emergency strategy to rebuild my credit back into the high 700's after a financially nasty divorce (again, see my first post here), including crappy cards with high AF's, crappy store cards, then replacing them with premium cards along the way - never dropping my available credit limit but keeping it at a slow climb all the while.  She asked questions during all of this and then she asked me if I wanted to "go for it" and see what happens.  I told her "why the heck not" and she asked me for how much.  I said I'd be glad just to start out with $10k (I know, I've since learned always ask for the maximum since).  10 seconds later, she said "Congratulations!  Your CLOC has been approved!"  Again - SHOCK.

So anyway, I hope this answers your question :-)

Thanks, i appreciate it.   i'm hoping mine will go smoothly, and i can share the story on here as well.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.