Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CLOC

Approved yesterday for NFCU CLOC, $ 2,500.00. Surprised and grateful for the opportunity to build a credit relationship with NFCU.

Data points: 

CRA: Equifax

Score:  667 (fico 8) - I don't know if they used fico 8, but I'll edit if I can figure out which score they used.

Util:  57%

Inq:  13

The only negatives on my EQ are my 13 bankruptcy and 1 paid tax lien. The late student loans listed below were removed by EQ a little early.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLOC

Congrats! When is your BK13 due to fall off? I got denied recently with an almost identical score, lower utilization and the same inquiry #. Reason stated was solely Bankruptcy. I did attempt a recon with a double negative. All my IIB accounts are still on my report too, so that's the difference.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The BK should fall off May 2019. My discharge was November 2014. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

I promised to update my post with the CRA and score.

So, apparently NFCU is using some sort of proprietary scoring because I've never seen a scoring system that goes from 334 to 818. My score fell in at 686. It seems really odd, but I just looked at the letter to verify the range. 

And it was definitely Equifax.

Message 4 of 8
mrldp40
Established Contributor

That's a fico 05 eq score they use a custom score for credit cards 100-450 and fico 09 for personal loans

ready to start a rebuild ex 533 eq 518 tu 541
inquiries EQ 2 EX 0 TU 1 multiple charge off current card green dot secured 500
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much did you ask for? I was approved for the full $15,000 with a ~650ish EQ with higher utilization than you. 6 month since last account late and one chargeoff at that time. Granted I was absolutely floored I got the full 15k and still am, just curious if you only asked for $2,500 or the full 15k.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, yeah. I didn't ask for the full amount. I now know that I should have and they probably would have countered if they didn't want to give me the full amount. I've been treating them well and I'll eventually ask for a CLI. 

In the meantime though, I also got approved for a platinum card with a generous $10k limit. I was able to transfer a high interest balance to a 0% introductory offer. Very happy about that.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU uses Fico 9 for personal loans??

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.