Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU CLOC

tag
Appleman
Valued Contributor

NFCU CLOC

Hello all,

I have had the NFCU CLOC for over a year and never utulized the account. This year when my HOA dues came due I used the information of the CLOC check to pay the fee on-line. Instead of the payment coming out of my CLOC they just deducted the amount from my checking account. Do I have to be at a zero checking balance to have the CLOC kick in?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU CLOC

The CLOC shares the exact same information (routing/acct #) as your normal checking account.  It serves as a back up to your account and covers your overdrafts.  In order to be used independently, you have to request checks.  Those checks have "checking Line of Credit" on them and when cashed, the bank takes that amount from the CLOC instead of your regular accounts.  Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I am new to the NFCU CLOC, I know you have to ask for checks from them for the LOC but if you just want regular checks for the checking account can I get those anywhere or do I have to get those from them also?  Also, how do you go about asking for CLOC checks?  Not planning to but would like the information anyway.  

Thanks in Advance for any help!

Message 3 of 6
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the responses. I did use the information on the bottom of a CLOC check. So that makes sense, had I submitted the actual check and not just the routing and account number it might have come out of the CLOC.

Message 4 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

Thanks for the responses. I did use the information on the bottom of a CLOC check. So that makes sense, had I submitted the actual check and not just the routing and account number it might have come out of the CLOC.

It's kind of an oddball thing that they have the same account number for both the checking account and the line of credit.

When you make a payment from an external bank, it automatically goes to the checking account rather than towards the line of credit, and then you have to transfer it from the checking account to the credit line.

Once I figured out what was going on, it wasn't too bad. It's just odd.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Appleman wrote:

It's kind of an oddball thing that they have the same account number for both the checking account and the line of credit.

When you make a payment from an external bank, it automatically goes to the checking account rather than towards the line of credit, and then you have to transfer it from the checking account to the credit line.

Once I figured out what was going on, it wasn't too bad. It's just odd.

Great to see you ... been awhile Smiley Wink Assumed you were dropped into the "hoosegow" ... over $500,000 in cl's AMAZING!!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.