cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Credit Card, Checking Line of Credit & Checking account Frozen (8/15-Update)

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit Card, Checking Line of Credit & Checking account Frozen (7/13-Update)

Man this thread helped make up my mind that I will bank with USAA instead of using NFCU that I was planning on using. Been a member almost 2 years.

Pamdale did you contact the executive offices or the ceo ??

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 131 of 231
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit Card, Checking Line of Credit & Checking account Frozen (7/13-Update)

It's very scary that they just can freeze all your assets whenever they want to and then not even talk to you or have any communication to fix it at all. I'm only at 4 days in on this account freeze thing I can't imagine how Palmdale must feel but I do know I will not be moving our direct deposit to them like I had planned .
Message 132 of 231
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

Palmdale~

My concern at this point for you is, you've faxed  A LOT of personal documents...NUMEROUS times!  Where did they go??  Whose hands did they fall in??  I would notify the IRS to flag your account with them, notify your other bank that you sent statements from and freeze your CR's at this point.  This is beyond imcompetence and sadly, reminds me of the care veterans get at the VA.  Why are our servicemen/women and their families treated this way after the sacrifice they make?  Can you imagine if a servicemember was deployed overseas, with no access to the internet to check and see that their accts have mysteriously been frozen and they had all their bills set up on auto-pay from that account while deployed??  The massive impact that could have on someone's life is inexcusable IMO!

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 133 of 231
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

@FroggieMom I COMPLETELY agree with you , while I may not be in the same exact situation as Palmdale , I'm also going thru some similar things , I joined NFCU on July 12th , my sister and brother in law has been with them for over 10 years, she sponsored me, which is clearly states family members can join via sponsored members, I filled out everything online on the 12th and was approved and FUNDED MY NEW ACCOUNTS using MY CC and BANK account with MY NAME on them, I added my fiancé as a joint account with mine but them learned he could not apply for credit products just being a joint holder , so I called and ask could he open his own account since one of thier channels for membership is household members , they said of course as long as we share the same address, we opened his own savings and checking that day also and FUNDED them both using his other accounts , he also applied for their CashRewards credit card bc he had a pre approval offer as did I , he was instantly approved , he applied for the CLOC that day also and it went to 1 hour review so we waited and waited several hours and never heard back , he went to log into his account and it was locked , we immediately called them and they said it was locked pending ID verify , we sent documents as soon as we got off the phone on the 12th to prove his ID and address. That night I applied for the Cash Rewards card also , it went to review the next morning I wake up and now my account is locked down , I call and they ACCUSED ME of being a Fraud and fraudulently opening the account , after several hours on the phone being upset and them not wanting to tell me anything at all , they sent me a fraud form to fax in to their security dept , I did that day also faxed them any and everything I had to prove myself , my Id's ,birth certificate, bills with address, bank statements ect .. I called a few hours later to verify that they recieved my whole life documents and they wouldn't even confirm if they did get it instead they tell me to FAX IT again , which I did and have called several times over this week and get nowhere , can't even find out if they got it 😵 my concern is exactly what you are talking about , if they didn't get it then who the hell did ??? As of now we are still locked out of our accounts , our assets are frozen , and they made several Hard pulls to our credit that same day we joined , they canceled my CC app but won't tell me what will happen with it as far as them taking a hard pull from me not only for membership but also one for the CC app, and on my fiancé they pulled 3 diff hard pulls for him that day. I'm at a loss , I have never been treated so badly , if they needed to verify everything they should have made that NUMBER ONE bf approving anyone and taking their money and freezing their accounts . It makes no sense for them to be doing this to ppl, I feel so terrible for Palmdale as they have been dealing with it for a long long time now with no answers .
Message 134 of 231
FroggieMom
Regular Contributor

It seems to me that all these stories have 1 thing in common....trying to get MULTIPLE credit products from them immediately upon joining.  There is a distinct possibility with them being associated with the military and our current state of affairs globally (trying to be as PC as possible) NFCU could be having a itchy trigger finger that they are being infiltrated fraudulently and potentially at the cost of the whole credit union, if they let millions of unsecured monies fly out the door.  It's possible that the automated system online approves everyone who fits the profile for their credit products and then live person @ NFCU is going back and freezing them until they can be verified as legitimate.  You figure with the sheer number of people doing this everyday could have them overwhelmed.  I'm definitely NOT defending NFCU (I have no relationship with them, my DH isn't eligble to join because he didn't RETIRE from the military) but instead offering a possible scenario that could be unfolding wthin their organization.

Summer 2018 FICO 8 scores~
Gardening until 2019....at least
Message 135 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FroggieMom wrote:

@Anonymous seems to me that all these stories have 1 thing in common....trying to get MULTIPLE credit products from them immediately upon joining.  There is a distinct possibility with them being associated with the military and our current state of affairs globally (trying to be as PC as possible) NFCU could be having a itchy trigger finger that they are being infiltrated fraudulently and potentially at the cost of the whole credit union, if they let millions of unsecured monies fly out the door.  It's possible that the automated system online approves everyone who fits the profile for their credit products and then live person @ NFCU is going back and freezing them until they can be verified as legitimate.  You figure with the sheer number of people doing this everyday could have them overwhelmed.  I'm definitely NOT defending NFCU (I have no relationship with them, my DH isn't eligble to join because he didn't RETIRE from the military) but instead offering a possible scenario that could be unfolding wthin their organization.

I can't speak for others' situations, but in my situation it had nothing to do with the credit product.

I noticed that departments were not communicating with each other and were also not taking steps that should have happened before approving someone as a member. The right hand did not seem to know what the left hand was doing at times.

Also, multiple documents sent to the same location via email were getting lost and were unable to be located by their BSA department.

So in my case, mine really had nothing to do with the credit product.

I'm really very glad I am in with NFCU now, (thank you, NFCU! Smiley Happy ) but they do need to get some of their processes organized and departments communicating with one another.

It impacts a member's trust in the instituiton when this kind of thing happens, unfortunately.

I'm sure that things will go well with my NFCU accounts going forward.

I hope that palmdale is ok and that he has some resolution soon.

Message 136 of 231
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Mine also had nothing to do with credit products either per say, they said my Membership application was fraudulent and that they needed to verify that it was really me being the one who opened the account . So I had to fill out some form saying I was infact the one to open my account and that it was not done fraudulently.
Message 137 of 231
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

And I agree Humu , I really just think it's a matter of not communicating with eachother between the departments and yes doing things they should have done in the first place bf approving for membership, I can see what you are saying FroggieMom but IF** they would do the things that make sense bf approving anyone for Membership it would put any stop to possibly fraudulent activity . Anyway they are the number one credit union in the nation so with that being said I will just be glad when this is all over with.
Message 138 of 231
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Credit Card, Checking Line of Credit & Checking account Frozen (7/14-Update)

OP - I respect your resolve.  You are far more patient then I would have been.  I would have sent an email to the CEO by now.  I know NFCU is great, I'm a member myself, but no matter the Bank/CU, I'm not sure I would continue to bank with them.

What if you had your mortgage payment on bill pay, or had direct deposited your paycheck...smh

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 139 of 231
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
@FroggieMom I COMPLETELY agree with you , while I may not be in the same exact situation as Palmdale , I'm also going thru some similar things , I joined NFCU on July 12th , my sister and brother in law has been with them for over 10 years, she sponsored me, which is clearly states family members can join via sponsored members, I filled out everything online on the 12th and was approved and FUNDED MY NEW ACCOUNTS using MY CC and BANK account with MY NAME on them, I added my fiancé as a joint account with mine but them learned he could not apply for credit products just being a joint holder , so I called and ask could he open his own account since one of thier channels for membership is household members , they said of course as long as we share the same address, we opened his own savings and checking that day also and FUNDED them both using his other accounts , he also applied for their CashRewards credit card bc he had a pre approval offer as did I , he was instantly approved , he applied for the CLOC that day also and it went to 1 hour review so we waited and waited several hours and never heard back , he went to log into his account and it was locked , we immediately called them and they said it was locked pending ID verify , we sent documents as soon as we got off the phone on the 12th to prove his ID and address. That night I applied for the Cash Rewards card also , it went to review the next morning I wake up and now my account is locked down , I call and they ACCUSED ME of being a Fraud and fraudulently opening the account , after several hours on the phone being upset and them not wanting to tell me anything at all , they sent me a fraud form to fax in to their security dept , I did that day also faxed them any and everything I had to prove myself , my Id's ,birth certificate, bills with address, bank statements ect .. I called a few hours later to verify that they recieved my whole life documents and they wouldn't even confirm if they did get it instead they tell me to FAX IT again , which I did and have called several times over this week and get nowhere , can't even find out if they got it 😵 my concern is exactly what you are talking about , if they didn't get it then who the hell did ??? As of now we are still locked out of our accounts , our assets are frozen , and they made several Hard pulls to our credit that same day we joined , they canceled my CC app but won't tell me what will happen with it as far as them taking a hard pull from me not only for membership but also one for the CC app, and on my fiancé they pulled 3 diff hard pulls for him that day. I'm at a loss , I have never been treated so badly , if they needed to verify everything they should have made that NUMBER ONE bf approving anyone and taking their money and freezing their accounts . It makes no sense for them to be doing this to ppl, I feel so terrible for Palmdale as they have been dealing with it for a long long time now with no answers .

Honestly there are times when it pays to be an Attorney.  In a situation like this, you pull that card, and they find the documents while you are on the phone.

Reading these types of post is why I have not switched my main banking to them yet.  I just have my expense checks direct deposited.  I sure hope they get it together.

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 140 of 231
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.