cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Credit Card, Checking Line of Credit & Checking account Frozen (8/15-Update)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Credit Card, Checking Line of Credit & Checking account Frozen (7/3-Update)

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

palmdale,

Is it still frozen or available for use?

Guyatthebeach

@Anonymous wrote:

Frozen. 

Sorry to hear, palmdale. I hope it all gets resolved very soon. 

Message 41 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Credit Card, Checking Line of Credit & Checking account Frozen (7/3-Update)

@Anonymous wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick smoke break update:

My CC account is showing again, I called the CC department on the way to work and they dont show it as being closed.  I have not heard from the Navy Branch lady yet, but it is only 9:50 AM here in HI. 

paldale,

That's good news! Is it still frozen or available for use?

Guyatthebeach

Frozen. 

Well, dang it! Wishing you the best!

Message 42 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Credit Card, Checking Line of Credit & Checking account Frozen (7/6-Update)

7/6/16: Update

• I recieved a call back this morning from the Member service rep at the branch that I met with last saturday(7/2).   She said she has not been able to get through to my security investigator.  She asked for help from her Supervisor and she wasn't able to get any information either.  They tried calling and speaking with other people in the security department, and they were constantly told, only the specific security investigator can do anything with my account.  
  • I also asked her about my credit card since we had discussed it last saturday.  She told me it is showing as Closed on their end... Not sure what the rep I spoke to yesterday from the CC department was talking about.  She didn't have a for sure answer for me, but she thinks that even if it is closed it can be re-opened.  She is going to find out more about that for me as well.  
Message 43 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Credit Card, Checking Line of Credit & Checking account Frozen (7/6-Update)

@Anonymous wrote:

• I recieved a call back this morning from the Member service rep at the branch that I met with last saturday(7/2).   She said she has not been able to get through to my security investigator.  She asked for help from her Supervisor and she wasn't able to get any information either.  They tried calling and speaking with other people in the security department, and they were constantly told, only the specific security investigator can do anything with my account.  
  • I also asked her about my credit card since we had discussed it last saturday.  She told me it is showing as Closed on their end... Not sure what the rep I spoke to yesterday from the CC department was talking about.  She didn't have a for sure answer for me, but she thinks that even if it is closed it can be re-opened.  She is going to find out more about that for me as well.  

@Anonymous for the update.  This sucks!! They at the branch can't even get in touch with the security investigator? Hang in there @Anonymous.

Message 44 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is the most nerve wracking banking story Iv'e read ... I just don't get it. 

Im so sorry that you are going through this ... Hang in there. 

Im kind of glad that I appd w/PenFed... 

Its not the fact that they wanted to check things out .. its the lack of communication with the person that has a straggle hold on your accounts and the closure or not closure .. it so ugh! 

Message 45 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is the most nerve wracking banking story Iv'e read ... I just don't get it. 

Its not the fact that they wanted to check things out .. its the lack of communication with the person that has a straggle hold on your accounts and the closure or not closure .. it so ugh! 

Exactly.  I have never pushed or even asked for them to hurry up and make a decision.  All I have asked is if they have recieved my fax documents, do they have what they need..  I have never experienced something like this with any bank before.  I think my forclosure process with wells fargo was less painfull than this, and they changed the locks on my house while I was still living in it, but at least they talked to me.

Message 46 of 231
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Exactly.  I have never pushed or even asked for them to hurry up and make a decision.  All I have asked is if they have recieved my fax documents, do they have what they need..  I have never experienced something like this with any bank before.  I think my forclosure process with wells fargo was less painfull than this, and they changed the locks on my house while I was still living in it, but at least they talked to me.

palmdale,

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a bad time with NFCU.

I don't know what to say, but what I do know if if this isn't resolved within 30 days, NFCU may have violated your rights as a consumer under the CPFB.

I will have to look into this because my interest got peaked.

After reading this, I'm glad I'm only using Navy Federal as saving instrument.

I will send you a private message later on this week.

Guyatthebeach

Message 47 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

GuyatTheBeach I am glad you posted this .. because I wondered if there was a statute or something about the account holder's rights. Very interesting... I am curious not that this has happened.. but what if this happened to any of us.  What are our rights as the consumer. 

I of course pray and hope for a good outcome for the OP.  

But also knowledge is key here for any and all of us. 

Thanks for responding to the OP. 

Message 48 of 231
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

GuyatTheBeach I am glad you posted this .. because I wondered if there was a statute or something about the account holder's rights. Very interesting... I am curious not that this has happened.. but what if this happened to any of us.  What are our rights as the consumer. 

I of course pray and hope for a good outcome for the OP.  

But also knowledge is key here for any and all of us. 

Thanks for responding to the OP. 

Palmdale & BellaLina,

Palmdale pointed out a few things that got my attention because I read something similar happened to an active duty Marine on deployment a few years ago.

Navy Federal can close anyone's accounts at any time for any reason. NFCU has this printed on their statements. They can also request supporting documents to verify indentity and income at any time they want. NFCU has listed on several disclosure we sign when we start our membership and when we apply for credit, loans, or any new products. Navy Federal only has to notify us by mail, so it's possible to find out your account is closed whe you swipe your card befire getting written notice. There is no doubt about this, I have no questions, and I'm fine with this practice, because it's clearly documented in the fine print.

My concerns come from Palmdale having a VISA card with a balance on it. If Navy Federal wants to close his credit card account, that's CU's right to do, but they need to send it to him in writing with the reasons why his account was closed. As a consumer, Palmdale has the right to why his account was closed as it will directly impact his credit history. From what I have read, NFCU has not sent Palmdale written communication on why the account was closed. The CU didn't even tell him over the phone why they took the course of action they did. This is first possible violation.

The second potential violation is NFCU not accepting his payment on his credit card. According to Palmdale, he was not able to make a payment on his Visa online or in the local branch, NFCU didn't accept the payment. There are consumer laws in place stating that the CU must make reasonable accomdations for accepting payments. He did his due dilegence to make a payment. In the NFCU disclosure, it states these methods are standard accepted payment metods in its disclosures. NFCU chose not to accept his payment, because the branch teller could not access his credit card. This could cause Palmdale to have a late payment, miss a payment all together, accrue interest and fees, and negatively affect his credit.

I don't mean to make a mountain out of a mole hill, but the potential is there for a Pandora's box of problems, which I don't want Palmdale to have to deal with. I am going to research this.

Guyatthebeach

Message 49 of 231
Anonymous
Not applicable

At this point in the drama circus all the people getting screwed with by NFCU need to call this man. He don't mess around! Smiley Very Happy

Message 50 of 231
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.