Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Denied CLOC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Denied CLOC

This is why I havent been sitting on my thumbs through my 13.  Ours will discharge in 2017, and our trustee has allowed us to rebuild credit over the life of it.  I have a secured card over the last three years and now 3 other unsecured cards.  I also opened up a credit builder loan and have our car payment still going.  Im literally going to have 3 straight years of perfect credit leading up to my discharge.  

I plan on walking in the door at NFCU with my discharge papers in hand and applying for a $45k car loan.  Shouldnt be a problem Im hoping.  I have tons of income and no debt.  Im hoping this is only for the CLOC, not their CCs and car loans.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This is why I havent been sitting on my thumbs through my 13.  Ours will discharge in 2017, and our trustee has allowed us to rebuild credit over the life of it.  I have a secured card over the last three years and now 3 other unsecured cards.  I also opened up a credit builder loan and have our car payment still going.  Im literally going to have 3 straight years of perfect credit leading up to my discharge.  

I plan on walking in the door at NFCU with my discharge papers in hand and applying for a $45k car loan.  Shouldnt be a problem Im hoping.  I have tons of income and no debt.  Im hoping this is only for the CLOC, not their CCs and car loans.

You are very fortunate that your trustee has allowed you to do that.  You should be in great shape. I waited until my discharge then really another two years for the Chapter 13 to fall off. After that I rebuilt quickly, but it would have been wonderful to do what you are doing.

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess my experience is different than others on here but I applied for a CLOC for 15k in June of this year and was denied. I applied again for a CLOC for only 500 last week and was approved nearly immediately. I did switch my direct deposit to NFCU and have paid my cc in full twice but thats all. I was surprised but pleased. Im not sure if this means you need to wait some or if it just means you should apply for 500 to get in the door. NFCU is pull happy like Cap One is though so Im not looking to app with them for a good long while now. 

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

To answer ypur question, I tried for 1000, retried for 500.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was also denied but I was approved for a CC with a $1k limit. I'm just going to try and work with that for a while. When anyone planning on trying again soon?

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try again after the one year mark.
My only reason for it was to boost my utilization, but since I PIF nearly every month...
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU gave a a cli on my cash rewards to 22k, so I tried the navcheck again... asked for 15k
Denied... no counter offer.

I'll try again July 2017, one year mark.
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received the letter today. Same reason as before... "Bankruptcy"

I'll try again in August 2017.
Message 18 of 23
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Sorry to hijacked your thread, but I haven't had any luck with my cashrewards.. still sitting @$500.. opened july 2016...paid in full each month..wasted tons of inquiries (prolly 10 on each TU and EQ).. that luv button wont budge.. tried a second card 3 times with no luck either... im 12 months post BK7 and am wondering if i even have a chance on getting  a CLOC (applied 3 times too) . i'm thinking of applying this week... denial reason has always been "bankruptcy"

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my cash rewards since June with $500 sl & no cli to date. I'm hoping I'll get an increase after the December AR. I applied for the CLOC this past October & approved for $5000. I got pretty lucky I think.. my bk7 discharged this past April. I think it's a hit miss with NFCU.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.