Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Membership

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Membership

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wondering how long it took for you to get approved following you joining NLUS San Diego and applying to NFCU. It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't heard anything about my application.

Thank you!

It took about 10 minutes to fill out the online application and submit payment.  I received an email confirming my membership with them.  Last Wednesday I actually sat down and filled out the application for NFCU and submitted it online and yesterday I got my welcome email.

Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm wondering how long it took for you to get approved following you joining NLUS San Diego and applying to NFCU. It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't heard anything about my application.

Thank you!

Did you apply by email? If you applied by mail or fax, send it in by email instead. 

On top of that, call them. Someone had misspelled my last name and it never got fully processed until we discovered the error. It took 2 months. Once they got that figured out it was open in about 4 days. I went in and got my debit card in person.

I guess I was lucky that everything went pretty smoothly.  I had read that it could take up to 2 weeks, so I was pleasantly surprised it only took 8 days.  Will go online tomorrow and fund the account.  My local bank doesn't do external transfer, but I can do a transfer out of my PenFed account. 

Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

My membership took about 2 weeks, applying by email. I got in through Navy League and used that same affiliation to join PenFed, which was instant. So far happy with both!

Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I joined about 3 weeks ago using the SD NL method. The whole process took exactly a week. Emailed application and my verification info. If you are waiting longer than say 3-4 days call them. They are really nice plus that call usually helps speed things along.
Message 14 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My membership took about 2 weeks, applying by email. I got in through Navy League and used that same affiliation to join PenFed, which was instant. So far happy with both!

Congrats on your membership.  I joine PenFed last December.  Hope to qualify for one of the product in December after doing some account consolidations.

Message 15 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I joined about 3 weeks ago using the SD NL method. The whole process took exactly a week. Emailed application and my verification info. If you are waiting longer than say 3-4 days call them. They are really nice plus that call usually helps speed things along.

Congrats on your approval.  I knew with applying close to a holiday that it would push my application back some, but was still happy with it only taking 8 days.  You're right, they are really nice.  I called yesterday and they gave me my access code information and account numbers and suggested that I push the deposits through my bank and I can do that with PenFed since they do external transfers.

Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied via email Aug 30. Called in Friday 9/8 and extremely helpful rep was able to get my membership opened over the phone. 

I did have to submit application twice, the first one had my name spelled wrong, realized after they sent the "application pending email"  and I didn't want to have any issues with the verfiications department so I called to have them delete that application and resent. 

They are having a membership drive for the month of September so everything will be slowed during this time. 

Message 17 of 43
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my welcome email today.  Joining NLUS-SanDiego worked as a member organization.  Glad to have qualified for membership.  We try for credit products either December or January.

Can you PM me the details on this? I've been looking to join myself...

Can you PM me the information as well.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

PM sent. They pulled TU for membership.
Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

kaykay65 Can you please PM me the details on how to join?
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.