cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Navy Fed no longer allowing new membership through Navy League of San Diego?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Navy Fed no longer allowing new membership through Navy League of San Diego?

Just read on Facebook and CB that NFCU has closed off new memberships through Navy League of San Diego.  More than a few people commented that they were denied membership this week via that route.

Dang -- I was going to do this next week!  Oh well.

Anyone get a denial this week for membership?

Message 1 of 96
95 REPLIES 95
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU Navy Fed no longer allowing new membership through Navy League of San Diego?

Wow, thanks for the alert. I really appreciate that they opened up for vets but happy for those who were able to get in via this methodSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Navy Fed no longer allowing new membership through Navy League of San Diego?

Yuk!!...but thanks for the info....Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 96
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Honestly, I was wondering when that hammer was going to fall. When I joined in 2002, you had to be related to an active military member.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am amazed! Not that NFCU may have changed their backdoor but that they did so *after* I got through it rather than right before I tried. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blast, I waited too long. Oh well. I still have Justice FCU and Apple FCU, both rebuilder-friendly from what I hear (especially Apple) and both local to me to apply to, and I have my longstanding Penfed relationship. As I have just learned that my EX FICO has jumped 13 points from 662 to 675, I feel reasonably optimistic that by the time I come out of the garden in the fall I'll be in good shape to get a CC from one or more of those three.

Message 6 of 96
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I'm not seeing that on FB. Where us it?
Message 7 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to the Navy League of San Diego's page.  And some credit rebuilding groups, not sure if they're public or private.

Message 8 of 96
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Can you share the link? Because I'm still not seeing anything about it.
Message 9 of 96
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Never mind, baller4life shared a screenshot.
Message 10 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.