cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Once Verified for Membership, are you verified for Life?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU - Once Verified for Membership, are you verified for Life?

Good Morning friends!

I recently joined NFCU last week through my mother (DoD Civilian Employee).  She was not a current member and a day after joining my checking/savings were frozen immediately; I had to provide SS, Birth Cert (to prove relation to my mother), Driver License, mother's DoD ID to prove her eligibility, and utility bill with my current address.  My accounts were un-frozen 2 days later and I was able to log back in (albeit no official email from NFCU, I assume they approved me since I was able to begin logging in again online).

TLDR;  My main question is: Now that I'm verified, am I verified for life?  Has anyone ever had to "prove eligibility" a SECOND time or is it notated in your account and you're good for life?

Reason being while I am excited about NFCU, I am hesitant to make them my primary banking institution (although I want to -- support a company and its members that has never laid any employee off, ever) if they are "account freeze happy" with members even after being verified once, and the nearest branch to me is 150 miles away in Cleveland, OH.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU - Once Verified for Membership, are you verified for Life?

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Morning friends!

I recently joined NFCU last week through my mother (DoD Civilian Employee).  She was not a current member and a day after joining my checking/savings were frozen immediately; I had to provide SS, Birth Cert (to prove relation to my mother), Driver License, mother's DoD ID to prove her eligibility, and utility bill with my current address.  My accounts were un-frozen 2 days later and I was able to log back in (albeit no official email from NFCU, I assume they approved me since I was able to begin logging in again online).

TLDR;  My main question is: Now that I'm verified, am I verified for life?  Has anyone ever had to "prove eligibility" a SECOND time or is it notated in your account and you're good for life?

Reason being while I am excited about NFCU, I am hesitant to make them my primary banking institution (although I want to -- support a company and its members that has never laid any employee off, ever) if they are "account freeze happy" with members even after being verified once, and the nearest branch to me is 150 miles away in Cleveland, OH.

Thank you!

They may randomly verify eligibility but if you're ligit you shouldn't worry about it.

Message 2 of 5
baller4life
Super Contributor

If you have already been verified, you're good to go! Welcome to the Navy Fed fam! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Yea this is what I worry about as well. Ive been a member since last december. I havent switched over my banking from Chase but Im thinking about it. Chase is just so convienent since it is around the corner. But I am always worried about verification. I joined through my uncle whose father is a retired Colonel. My aunt and uncle have lived with us for 8 years  so that is how I was able to join but Im always worried about accounts being frozen and verification even though I joined after they joined.

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im waiting for the Verify to come up, as I joined thru my Mom and now she wants a bank account with them.  Doesn't matter really, my estranged father is retired Military as well, and I have his info on my USAA account. 

I could use my Step Father I think, retired military too.  

Brat much? 

If  I get hit with verification, oh, I'll post it.

Edit:  Mom is retired Military. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.