Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Personal Loan Question

tag
vollybal
Regular Contributor

NFCU Personal Loan Question

Hello all,

I became a member and got savings account and applied for the cash rewards right after joining last month. I was looking to see if you know if getting a personal lon through them would be as easy as the credit card. looking for 4-5k and before I apply I was looking for people that have/had one with them and what they pulled for it as for the membership and CC they pulled transunion which is my strongest.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Personal Loan Question

Not sure if we can give you any advice without knowing some about your profile , could you list your scores , AAOA , UTi , how many new acct and inquiries in the last 6-12 mths ? Any negatives?
Message 2 of 10
creditmonger
Contributor

Loan was easiest, then CLOC, then cc---for ME. 

BK13 DC 12/15. 740 scores/18 inqs (about)
VentureOne 28K. Marvel MC 25K. PFCU: Promise 19K; PLOC 10K; Rewards 5K.
NFCU: Plat 15K; Flagship 15K; CLOC 10K
Barclays Aviator 12K; Jet Blue $500 (for the miles).
BOA 8K. Discover 10K/5K. 5/3 10K. PPC 7K
PPMC 10K. TD Ameritrade $1500
Message 3 of 10
vollybal
Regular Contributor

Do you know what Credit report they used for the Personal Loan?

Message 4 of 10
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I guess it all depends on your profile , if you have had more experience with installment loans it would seem that would be easier than get than a Cc or Cloc . Most time they pull EQ for personal loans. But as of lately there are reports of them pull My EX now or even double oull My EQ and TU . Whatever the case I would expect a Hp maybe 2 and make sure your reports are in top shape bf apping , they like to see low Utilization and DTI ratio
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ is normal for loans; different department than their CC team. Personal loan may be tougher than CC, but all depends on your profile
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke to NFCU loan officer today, I was asking if I should wait until CRA dispute was completed (5 HP not mine & payed down UTI across the board). What he explained to me is that:

1:  They HP on EQ automatically, then move to TU if more info is needed.

2.  Each pull is supposed to be good for any different loans applied for for 30 days (1st-30th) UNLESS you inform them of change in status (ie..lower UTI or CLI), however if your score is on the "cusp" they might HP again for new app (confusing right!)

3.  If you have any disputes on any of the "big 3", have patience and let them finish cooking..in other words don't pull that trigger to fast BECAUSE they will have to go with the current score and you will miss out $$$ if your points go up and they will not go back and adjust your interest rates for a better deal or CL without you risking HPs.

4.  At this time they do not currently use Innovis CR for loans, CCs, ect but they have the ability to pull that one also if you ask for a recon.

5.  CLOCs are like a "overdraft" type of credit line and if your balance is not PIF it is reported automatically to all CRAs and I believe he said the UTI is an auto 50% UTI (you may want to check that one)

6.  If you call, the person taking your app is not the one making the decision, it will always go to the "team", however he can inform you if you are denied right away and give you certain reasons (such as BK) and on some occasions you may receive auto approval and they can tell you that too. They will however be able to note your account on any information you give them..for instance why you had a 30D in an otherwise perfect file to help the team understand your particular CR

I had a lovely conversation with him today for quite a while, he was very pleasant and was able to answer my questions and had no hesitation to explain things to me (HP, what was a CLOC ect)

Message 7 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Spoke to NFCU loan officer today, I was asking if I should wait until CRA dispute was completed (5 HP not mine & payed down UTI across the board). What he explained to me is that:

1:  They HP on EQ automatically, then move to TU if more info is needed.

2.  Each pull is supposed to be good for any different loans applied for for 30 days (1st-30th) UNLESS you inform them of change in status (ie..lower UTI or CLI), however if your score is on the "cusp" they might HP again for new app (confusing right!)

3.  If you have any disputes on any of the "big 3", have patience and let them finish cooking..in other words don't pull that trigger to fast BECAUSE they will have to go with the current score and you will miss out $$$ if your points go up and they will not go back and adjust your interest rates for a better deal or CL without you risking HPs.

4.  At this time they do not currently use Innovis CR for loans, CCs, ect but they have the ability to pull that one also if you ask for a recon.

5.  CLOCs are like a "overdraft" type of credit line and if your balance is not PIF it is reported automatically to all CRAs and I believe he said the UTI is an auto 50% UTI (you may want to check that one)

6.  If you call, the person taking your app is not the one making the decision, it will always go to the "team", however he can inform you if you are denied right away and give you certain reasons (such as BK) and on some occasions you may receive auto approval and they can tell you that too. They will however be able to note your account on any information you give them..for instance why you had a 30D in an otherwise perfect file to help the team understand your particular CR

I had a lovely conversation with him today for quite a while, he was very pleasant and was able to answer my questions and had no hesitation to explain things to me (HP, what was a CLOC ect)

Gotta correct #2.. They are HP crazy... They will HP you for anything you do and or ask for.  Each request is a HP unless it is a SP CLI, but be prepared to get HP'ed for the as well if your profile and questionable or you don't time it correctly.. 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol..the key word he said was "supposed" but like you said that is a rare happening Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Hubby and I got a personal loan the same day we joined. They pulled TU for it. Our scores were in the upper 600 range, clean file. Was easier than the GoRewards for us. The loan was instant, the card was a 24 hr review.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.