Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Referral Promo... Your Experience?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

NFCU Referral Promo... Your Experience?

Hello all!

I was wondering if anybody had any notable data points or other feedback related to referring a family member for new NFCU membership, specifically with the $50 promo (either the current one or from a few months back).  I'm specifically interested if the bonus applies to a spouse and children.  Smiley Wink

Any feedback welcome... I'm especially curious to see how the bonus(s) played out!  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Referral Promo... Your Experience?

Hopefully I can add DP's to this next week, I will be making two referrals Monday. I tried to send the email referral tonight but it didn't send. I got a postal failure message. Will try again tomorrow, but will have DD and sis call on Monday, and speak with the nice representative that called to welcome me.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 2 of 52
Appleman
Valued Contributor

When I joined they had the $100 bonus for each person (Current and new member received $100)

My parents joined making me eligible. $100 for each of us.

I had my wife join and we each received $100.

Not sure how it is working on the new promotion.

Message 3 of 52
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Im scared to refer. I don't want my account getting frozen (just being paranoid). I had my sisters apply through navy league route , i wouldnt have mind the $100 though =/

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 4 of 52
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Vegas4Play wrote:

Hopefully I can add DP's to this next week, I will be making two referrals Monday. I tried to send the email referral tonight but it didn't send. I got a postal failure message. Will try again tomorrow, but will have DD and sis call on Monday, and speak with the nice representative that called to welcome me.

That will be great... let us know how it goes!  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 52
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Appleman wrote:

When I joined they had the $100 bonus for each person (Current and new member received $100)

My parents joined making me eligible. $100 for each of us.

I had my wife join and we each received $100.

Not sure how it is working on the new promotion.

This is encouraging... even though the promo amount has changed to $50 I would expect (?) it to work the same way you're describing.  Smiley Wink

Thanks for sharing!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for asking this, UncleB. I was interested in this, too.

Message 7 of 52
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@kobe2012 wrote:

Im scared to refer. I don't want my account getting frozen (just being paranoid). I had my sisters apply through navy league route , i wouldnt have mind the $100 though =/

I know how you feel.  I joined using my USAF brother as my sponsor, and I'm considering having our brother that is interested in joining now use him as well (instead of me) to minimize the chance of any issues.

On the other hand, my own membership is completely legit and if they were to 'verify' anything it would come out OK in the end... I'm just not sure I want to deal with the possible hassle. 

I will add that before I joined I had my USAF brother join first, so I hope that since my sponsor was already a member (I entered his access number when I joined and was instantly approved) that will keep any problems from coming up later on.

Message 8 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't receive a referral promotion e-mail, but I had my husband join last month prior to any promo e-mails.

I don't think I would have used the referral promo anyway, since I've personally experienced how jumpy NFCU can be when you're a new member and would not want any affiliation with what I went through (having my accounts locked and my funds tied up for weeks) to affect a family member. Best and easiest in my opinion to just have us join separately. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 52
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Vegas4Play wrote:

I called Caroline to let her know they wanted to join and she called them herself, and processed everything on the phone, said they will receive something in the mail to sign and welcome packet in the mail in the next 7-10 days (possibly a little longer) due to overwhelming membership apps. this month. They have access numbers already, savings accounts only.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 10 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.