cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Referral Promo... Your Experience?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Referral Promo... Your Experience?

@UncleB,

I'm fortunate enough to live in Beaufort County, SC where there are multiple Navy federal locations (all on bases) but plenty of ATM's at various strip malls around town. That being said it's nothing for us to go on base since there's so many close but here's my logic. I am the root of the membership family for us being former service. Originally a few years back got my parents and sister in. When my wife and I got married I went into a branch with her and got her squared away no problem. With this latest membership drive, I brought myself (the original member), my wife (connection to her parents who wanted to join) and the new applicants (in-laws). Took about one hour in branch and they walked out with debit cards in hand. Found out my father in-law's brother and wife want to join, so looks like we'll be making another $100! If possible in branch and with the entire family tree (yes I know it sounds obnoxious)... but it worked and no verification issues LOL
Message 41 of 52
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
@UncleB,

I'm fortunate enough to live in Beaufort County, SC where there are multiple Navy federal locations (all on bases) but plenty of ATM's at various strip malls around town. That being said it's nothing for us to go on base since there's so many close but here's my logic. I am the root of the membership family for us being former service. Originally a few years back got my parents and sister in. When my wife and I got married I went into a branch with her and got her squared away no problem. With this latest membership drive, I brought myself (the original member), my wife (connection to her parents who wanted to join) and the new applicants (in-laws). Took about one hour in branch and they walked out with debit cards in hand. Found out my father in-law's brother and wife want to join, so looks like we'll be making another $100! If possible in branch and with the entire family tree (yes I know it sounds obnoxious)... but it worked and no verification issues LOL

Thanks for sharing these details... these are great data points!  Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 52
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@disney2 wrote:
That's not it in our case. I signed up under non military friend. I'm not military,. My husband signed up under me but was military. He's the only one with verification issues.

It does appear that for some people there is no rhyme or reason to why they get saddled with verification.  Smiley Frustrated

I'm actually surprised you didn't have to go through verification with your own membership.  You mention that your sponsor was a friend... I'm assuming you qualified as a household member?

It's actually interesting that your husband had to go though verification if he was active military... he would have qualified on his own without a sponsor anyway, so making him provide documents seems pointless.

Message 43 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I referred my sister a little over a week ago and we both received our bonus deposits yesterday.  Note - I joined through the Navy League and everything went smoothly with no complaints.

Message 44 of 52
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I referred my sister a little over a week ago and we both received our bonus deposits yesterday.  Note - I joined through the Navy League and everything went smoothly with no complaints.

This is a fantastic data point... thanks for sharing!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 45 of 52
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Applied for the kids a savings account last week on the 16th . Went to review , I called yesterday to see if there was any news or if they needed anything . No updates at all the rep asked me to call back Thursday bc that will be 5 business days aMD hopefully will have some info. She did dig into a little and said new accounts have to go thru lime 5 diff dept bf they are officially approved, that my kids accts are in the last dept so maybe I'll hear something tom.
Message 46 of 52
disney2
Regular Contributor

It's been 14 business days since I signed up online and we haven't received the $50 promo. I called about it and was informed that when signing up online, it didn't fill in the promo code so she had to manually do that for me and my family that signed up under me. Our 14 days starts today. I had even chatted with an agent when i was signing up and was told no code was needed.
Message 47 of 52
echoecho
Regular Contributor

Same here, deposited to the accts today. Very happy camper😊
Message 48 of 52
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

OK UncleB, called back in today , the rep helping me could not even see the accts I was talking about so he had me on hold a long time , coming back and forth between me and membership dept . I had a bad feeling it was gonna end up bad news or some crazy stuff I would have to go thru to get my kids accts opened.
Anyways after about 30 to 45 mins of hold time he comes back and says OK they are all open and ready to go , he had me log in to make sure they were in my acct online , they were there already but they had my son's middle initial wrong so he kindly fixed that for me and answered a few more things about how long the referral credit would take . He said it would be 7 to 10 business days . So there it is I'll update when we get the bonus .
Message 49 of 52
echoecho
Regular Contributor

7 days for the wife and kiddos for me. 👍 Good luck.
Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.