cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Referral Promo... Your Experience?

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU Referral Promo... Your Experience?

Would also like to know if adding children would count too , I received the email and have this in my offers tab .
Message 11 of 52
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Would also like to know if adding children would count too , I received the email and have this in my offers tab .

That's my big question as well.  Smiley Happy

I'm thinking that they should since they are new members regardless of their age, but the only way to know for certain will be for somebody to either check directly with NFCU, or simply try and see what happens. 

Message 12 of 52
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I think I will call and inquire about the matter tomorrow amd report back with what I find out .
Message 13 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Aduke1122 wrote:

That's my big question as well.  Smiley Happy

I'm thinking that they should since they are new members regardless of their age, but the only way to know for certain will be for somebody to either check directly with NFCU, or simply try and see what happens. 

Yes children works. I did my 17 year old son (of course I had to be on the account 14-17) but they didn't pull my credit again.  Enjoy!!! I have done 3 people so far!!!

Message 14 of 52
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Yay thanks for the info Recy2cup , how did you go about setting them up , did you call ?
Message 15 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Yay thanks for the info Recy2cup , how did you go about setting them up , did you call ?

I called with them on 3 way... However, for my sister i just gave her my access code.

Message 16 of 52
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Wondering if you can do it with smaller children, they told me when I joined I could add my children no matter what age so that when they are older they will have already been members for a long time .
Message 17 of 52
disney2
Regular Contributor

I joined on the promo on 9/1 online.  It was very easy and quick.  I still don't have my $50 for signing up but I do have the debit card though.  I also signed up my husband (Army veteran), daughter (25), and son (26) under me.  The only one they wanted more info on was my husband.  We had to email them a copy of his ID and a utility bill in his name.  They did say they were swamped this month with the promo. 

I applied for the Cash Rewards card I believe around 9/3 and was instantly approved for $1,600.  I don't have that card yet either but it is showing on my account.  My scores are definitely not all that but hovoring in the 600 range.

Message 18 of 52
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@disney2 wrote:

I joined on the promo on 9/1 online.  It was very easy and quick.  I still don't have my $50 for signing up but I do have the debit card though.  I also signed up my husband (Army veteran), daughter (25), and son (26) under me.  The only one they wanted more info on was my husband.  We had to email them a copy of his ID and a utility bill in his name.  They did say they were swamped this month with the promo. 

I applied for the Cash Rewards card I believe around 9/3 and was instantly approved for $1,600.  I don't have that card yet either but it is showing on my account.  My scores are definitely not all that but hovoring in the 600 range.

+1

It makes me a little 'queasy' that NFCU would make it difficult for a direct relative of an existing member (in this case, your husband)... those applications should get a 'rubber stamp' in my opinion since there's no question that the person qualifies.  When I got my own membership last fall, I used my brother's access number and selected 'sibling', and I got an immediate response and was able to app for a credit card only minutes later.

I know there are many people on here who are willing to jump through hoops for NFCU membership (I would be as well) but honestly my relatives won't be as enthusiastic as the average myFICO member - to them it's just another CU, and all they know about it is that I'm telling them how 'wonderful' it can be.  While $50 is nice, if I have to hand-hold relatives and help them come up with documents I have to question if it's worth the hassle (to me). 

This is another example of the 'action item' over on Humuhumu's thread that NFCU really needs to work out their membership process to make it more seamless, especially for people with clear paths to membership.

Message 19 of 52
disney2
Regular Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@disney2 wrote:

+1

It makes me a little 'queasy' that NFCU would make it difficult for a direct relative of an existing member (in this case, your husband)... those applications should get a 'rubber stamp' in my opinion since there's no question that the person qualifies.  When I got my own membership last fall, I used my brother's access number and selected 'sibling', and I got an immediate response and was able to app for a credit card only minutes later.

I know there are many people on here who are willing to jump through hoops for NFCU membership (I would be as well) but honestly my relatives won't be as enthusiastic as the average myFICO member - to them it's just another CU, and all they know about it is that I'm telling them how 'wonderful' it can be.  While $50 is nice, if I have to hand-hold relatives and help them come up with documents I have to question if it's worth the hassle (to me). 

This is another example of the 'action item' over on Humuhumu's thread that NFCU really needs to work out their membership process to make it more seamless, especially for people with clear paths to membership.

The part that bothered me is that I was just signing up with a friend and have absolutely no military background at all and yet he was in the Army and served in Vietnam and had to go through that.  He should have been pushed on through IMO.

Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.