cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - Would I still be eligible to join?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU - Would I still be eligible to join?

Recently my father has passed away and he was active duty in the Army and I had planned on asking him if he would be my sponsor to get in with NFCU, but unfortuantely could not ask him in time. With him being deceased now, according to NFCU's policies, does anyone think I could still get in with them? I'd only open up a checking/savings right now but ultimately would like to get some cc's with them.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU - Would I still be eligible to join?

@tbankston wrote:

Recently my father has passed away and he was active duty in the Army and I had planned on asking him if he would be my sponsor to get in with NFCU, but unfortuantely could not ask him in time. With him being deceased now, according to NFCU's policies, does anyone think I could still get in with them? I'd only open up a checking/savings right now but ultimately would like to get some cc's with them.

Thanks

Don't know if this is an exception or policy.  My father was in the Air Force and passed away when I was 12.  I got in by just having his information. SSN, Discharge date, type of discharge, etc.  Hope this helps...  Good luck.  I have had nothing but good experiences with Navy!

Message 2 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

With NFCU you're still eligible.

USAA is different, though... a deceased parent (or spouse) can only be a sponsor if they were a member themselves while living. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

UncleB wrote:

USAA is different, though... a deceased parent (or spouse) can only be a sponsor if they were a member themselves while living. 

I'm with USAA now so I'm good with them. I have my Checking/Savings and Car Insurances through them.

Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@tbankston wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I'm with USAA now so I'm good with them. I have my Checking/Savings and Car Insurances through them.

In that case you're golden.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tbankston wrote:

Thanks

You will love NFCU 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.