Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU and PenFed

tag
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

NFCU and PenFed

Applied for personal loan, ploc, and cash rewards from PenFed, ALL DENIED.  Tried Navy for personal loan, went pending saying 1 hr review at 11pm yesterday....havent heard anything, still say pending.  Probably a denial i suppose....asked for 25k (max).

Got the survey from PenFed and I let them know how thrilled I was to get denied all 3 products AGAIN, last attempt was in May.

"excessive obligation in relation to income" so far from the truth.

What are my chances with Navy with the 1 hr review, that has turned into 18 hrs?

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU and PenFed

Navy is usually a little easier on loans than Penfed.  But you never know.  As far as the time line.  There  1 hr seems to really mean 24-48 hrs.  

Hopefully sooner.  

Message 2 of 7
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Ok fingers crossed for some good news
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
Message 3 of 7
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Navy is usually a little easier on loans than Penfed.  But you never know.  As far as the time line.  There  1 hr seems to really mean 24-48 hrs.  

Hopefully sooner.  

Just received a secure message saying that it was still in review and they would like me to provide a detail explanation of what i would like to do with the 25k personal loan....does this mean that I have a good chance of being approved?

Message 4 of 7
Appleman
Valued Contributor

It means they have not told you yes.

They are likely looking to see if you are going to refinance debt or use the loan on something else and incur new debt.

It is likely easier for them to loan you money if it improves your situation (say paying off high interest debt).

Good luck and keep us posted.

Message 5 of 7
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

It means they have not told you yes.

They are likely looking to see if you are going to refinance debt or use the loan on something else and incur new debt.

It is likely easier for them to loan you money if it improves your situation (say paying off high interest debt).

Good luck and keep us posted.

Yes they asked me if it was for bill consolidation and I told them yes and explained everything, so we shall see.

Message 6 of 7
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Update: Congratulations! Based on Your creditworthiness you have been conditionally approved. Wonder what conditions could those be? Maybe that message is just delayed because I just got off the phone with a rep who asked if I wanted standard delivery or fed ex delivery of my paperwork.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.