Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU and the facts

tag
OldFatJarhead
New Contributor

Re: NFCU and the facts

NFCU is pushed hard via word of mouth in the naval services. I remember in Marine Combat Training, the school for all Marines right after boot camp, all the NCO's told us about a million times to go to Navy Federal and open an account and get our direct deposit setup. Seems to me USAA is pushed harder in the Army.

@creditguy wrote:

The only thing I'd suggest they do is; advertise more, the many years I spent in the military I never heard of them until I read about them here. Good thing my wife was in the military when we found out about NFCU or I'd be on the outside looking in. Of course now with Navy League it'd be possible, anyway they are great. Even though we're an Army family, I say Go Navy!!!!

Message 11 of 14
blondy250
Established Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:
Who is getting upset with NFCU on here? Almost all I see is positive... I've had no issues at all with anything, especially CLI

Not all positive , NFCU was fined 28.5 million for illegal practices by CFPB recently. The link is posted in credit in the news section.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OldFatJarhead wrote:

NFCU is pushed hard via word of mouth in the naval services. I remember in Marine Combat Training, the school for all Marines right after boot camp, all the NCO's told us about a million times to go to Navy Federal and open an account and get our direct deposit setup. Seems to me USAA is pushed harder in the Army.

@creditguy wrote:

The only thing I'd suggest they do is; advertise more, the many years I spent in the military I never heard of them until I read about them here. Good thing my wife was in the military when we found out about NFCU or I'd be on the outside looking in. Of course now with Navy League it'd be possible, anyway they are great. Even though we're an Army family, I say Go Navy!!!!

Not all Marines head to MCT after basic.... It was SOI for me since my MOS was 0311. Hahaha but I don't know why they don't just use NFCU during basic for the smart cards. They set us up with the Pacific Marine Credit Union. 

Message 13 of 14
OldFatJarhead
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OldFatJarhead wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

Not all Marines head to MCT after basic.... It was SOI for me since my MOS was 0311. Hahaha but I don't know why they don't just use NFCU during basic for the smart cards. They set us up with the Pacific Marine Credit Union. 

Yeah, things change. When I was in, everyone went to MCT, then the grunts went down the road to SOI and the POGs went to whatever school they were going to. Smart cards? LOL, lorde Jesus for what?! They let y'all buy geedunk in basic now? I imagine next, you'll tell me they don't even train on iron sights anymore? Oh wait, that's right... they don't. Yeah, things change Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.