Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU direct deposit simulate through ACH transfer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU direct deposit simulate through ACH transfer

@Anonymous wrote:

I have other banks that consider ACH deposits as DD. I am going to try ACH transfer from a different bank. If that doesn't work my 3% $3000 CD will become invalid Smiley Embarassed

Idk the legalities of changing one CD to another or if it can be done but maybe you can switch your CD to this one: https://www.navyfederal.org/products-services/checking-savings/certificates.phpGood luck!

Message 11 of 17
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

I also use Chase to push money to NFCU and it reads as a ACH credit.

@Anonymous wrote:
How would we know if NFCU sees a regular ACH transfer pushed to it as a direct deposit or not? I've been pushing funds from my Chase account into NFCU and it just says ACH credit. My direct deposit finally hit last Friday and it says the same thing as the funds I pushed into it. Both were ACH credit.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just joined NFCU and went ahead initiated recurring transfer from my Wells Fargo to NFCU Share Savings, Everyday Checking, and Money Market Savings. Trial deposits all went in and verified with no problems. All transactions were labeled ACH credit. Then all of a sudden Wells Fargo suspended transfer to Share Savings account ONLY stating "Wells Fargo suspended use of your NAVY NFCU account". I called Wells Fargo and they removed the suspension after I spoke to them. Maybe they just wanted to make sure it's legit account and not used for something illegal.

Before that, I got a call from NFCU to speak to my "personal banker" to help setup my account. Very, very nice lady. I told her my interest in doing mobile deposits as well. So, instead of having to wait 30 days with new accounts before you can make mobile deposits, she removed that restriction and activated it right away for me.
Message 13 of 17
stellar
Established Contributor

Susisurya,

I have this exact same question.  I also started the 3% cd and need to simulate direct deposit.  

After a lot of research I found someone on myfico did it thru state farm bank and wepay.com and possibly transfers from Paypal balance.

Here's the link:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Direct-Deposit-Question-for-NFCU/m-p/1472554/h...

If anyone else knows how to simulate direct deposit to NFCU, please chime in!  Thanks

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I just started $3000 certificates myself 5 days ago (without reading and thinking).  I did NOT know anything about direct deposit related to it. I thought one wants direct deposit to avoid checking fee on the e-checking. Somebody please explain to me the benefit of direct deposit in regards to the CD. Thank you.

Message 15 of 17
stellar
Established Contributor

There is a certificate at NFCU that offers 3% if you have direct deposit set up within 90 days.  If you don't set up direct deposit then it reverts to a lower interest rate.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Stellar,

Thank you for your explanation. I was silly not reading any requirements. Thank you again for your kind reply. I really appreciate it. Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.