Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU has user names now!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU has user names now!

I can't commit that access number to memory to save my life and they want it for everything. It looks like we can select user names now. Yay! It may not matter to some, but I'm really happy about this change.

https://www.navyfederal.org/account-management/username.php?cmpid=em|nl|knowledge-center|financial-l...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU has user names now!

Thanks! Love that!

Message 2 of 8
baller4life
Super Contributor

Nice!!!!
Message 3 of 8
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

I just apped for one of their cards and got a $30,000 starting limit. Put me over the 120,000 mark Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 8
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Graet news I was getting tired of chasing down that number at every login

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing this, as I can remember my chosen user name a lot more easily than a random number! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Awesome!

Message 7 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I've changed over to a user name, and there's been an unexpected consequence... it's caused a problem for the link I have set up with USAA.

The dashboard at USAA let's you enter your login info for other banks and it shows you all your balances all in one place... it's actually quite nice to have one-stop shopping to see the 'big picture' of your finances.

Unfortunately, the login field they have set up for NFCU is set up to expect an access number (it even calls it that by name), and while it does accept alpha characters it truncates anything longer than an access number.  In my case, I set up my new NFCU user name to be what I used with all my other banks (a variation on my name) and it's too long to fit in the field.

Once you change to a user name you can't return to using the access number, but in my case I could probably select a shorter user name over at NFCU to correct the problem.  I'm going to wait a little while, though... hopefully the vendor that USAA uses will update their software to accept a longer entry in the coming weeks.

Note that this only impacts the dashboard and account view; the account and routing numbers are still set up just fine (transfers are not impacted).

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.