Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU.... looking for a way to get in

tag
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

NFCU.... looking for a way to get in

I'm just wondering if anyone has found way to get in with NFCU if you don't have military association. I heard really good things sbout this credit union but the old way to get in is not an option. Has anyone else found a way in?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU.... looking for a way to get in

As of right now there is no other way to join.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Join the military, do your stint. Recieve honourable discharge. Navy will love you. Worked for me.

Message 3 of 18
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

I commend you but I am a scary whimp!!! 😇 I take my hats off to the men and women who are brave enough to serve . I wouldn't make it through training
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you or have you ever been affiliated in any way with the Armed Forces, DoD, Coast Guard or National Guard? No

Do you have a family member who at any time was affiliated with the military? No

Do you have a family member who is already a Navy Federal member? No

You may not be eligible for membership at this time. Please call 1-888-842-6328 or visit a branch for further assistance.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My grandfather was in the Army in the 40s. He's dead now. But I applied and they let me in based on that. He was never a member of NFCU. Any chance you have grandparents who served? Step parent? Aunt or uncle?

Message 6 of 18
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Cousin? It'll take extra steps if it's an aunt/uncle/cousin.
Message 7 of 18
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

I have a cousin who served but I thought the person serving had to be in your immediate household?
Message 8 of 18
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

It can be done but like I said there would be some extra steps. Your cousin sponsors his parent. That person sponsors their sibling (your parent). Your parent sponsors you. Assuming everyone along the line agrees.
Message 9 of 18
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Oh I see down the family line. I'm going to give him a call
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.