Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU.... looking for a way to get in

Thank you
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sueblue34 wrote:
I have a cousin who served but I thought the person serving had to be in your immediate household?

Depending on the state, you could always marry the first cousin.

...or not

Smiley Surprised

Message 13 of 18
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Lol nooooo way I'll pass🤦🏾‍♀️
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you get in, come back and share with the forum.  I'm sure there are a lot of people here in the same/similar situation.

Good luck!

Message 15 of 18
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

I will thanks
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@c00mtg

Whether or not @Sue is able to get the family to jump the hoops personally isn't really relevant ( no offense Sue..good luck 😊)

The method can't help but to 'work'

A) The cousin is eligible, they served, period.
B) Of course the cousin can sponsor Mom/Dad,period
C) Mom/Dad now as a member can sponsor a sibling, period
D) That Mom/Dad ( the original, person's Aunt/Uncle) can of course sponsor their own kid

I think what's throwing you is you're missing once a member is in...the military only chain is broken, once in a member can sponsor due to being a member vs military

My kids are members now, I sponsored them in but they don't need me anymore, they are members now, their ability to sponsor is now tied their status as a member

Say my college aged kid, again a member wanted to sponsor their roommate ( allowed by Navy) a guy name Joe, once Joe is a member he can sponsor his Sister Cassie, who can sponsor her Dad, Ray (different Dad then Joe) now Ray can sponsor his new wife Amy and so on...all the while none of them served

It just comes down to will the cousin, then the Aunt, then the Mom be 'bothered' to follow through... that's the issue
Message 17 of 18
sueblue34
Frequent Contributor

Oh I see thanks you
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.