Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU money to join?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU money to join?

Hubby joined NFCU last month and has been pleased so far with products, service, etc. I am interested in joining as well as my mom is too (she has military affiliation, so easier than back door way for her). I am in no hurry to join and take the hard pull as he has a Cash Rewards card with them already. But my question is, a rep told us to just wait to sign me and Mom up because they sometimes do membership drives and give like $50 for sign up bonus. Has anyone ever got this bonus and how oftenhave you seen that they run this promotion ? Thanks for any help!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU money to join?

It took me over a week and a half ago and just got approved yesterday. I think memebership is really getting behind because of everyone trying to join. so i doubt they will run that right now

Message 2 of 6
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

High starting limits on new credit lines is generating lots of positive PR for them right now, and new accounts.  I would not expect them to offer incentives for quite a while.

Message 3 of 6
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I was able to cash in on this bonus a few times. I had my parents join NFCU as my father was eligible to join with his military background.

Once they received a member number, I was able to join. My parents and I both received $50. I had my wife join using my number and again, I received $50 and my wife received $50. It was a nice perk while it was running.

I can't speak to when they might offer it again, but at some point the new member train will slow down.

Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Appleman wrote:

I was able to cash in on this bonus a few times. I had my parents join NFCU as my father was eligible to join with his military background.

Once they received a member number, I was able to join. My parents and I both received $50. I had my wife join using my number and again, I received $50 and my wife received $50. It was a nice perk while it was running.

I can't speak to when they might offer it again, but at some point the new member train will slow down.

+1, especially to this.

The pool of people who know about (or will know about) NLUS is not endless, so eventually things will return to normal for NFCU (which I suspect is still fairly hectic, relatively speaking).

I fully expect the $50 promo to return at some point... I'm actually waiting on it myself for a few family members.  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

If Navy Fderal were ever to offer a sign up bonus again, I'd be willing to bet it would be limited to their core focus - active military - and not include "backdoor" Navy League San Diego membership. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they drop NL SD association qualifcation if the current pace of apps continue, it's taking 1-2 weeks for them to get to those apps.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.