Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU surprise..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU surprise..

So I joined NFCU last Thursday and opened a savings and checking account. I get home today and open the mail to see that they have already offered a CLOC (checking line of credit) with $15,000.00 limit. I didn't even apply for this. All it asks is that I sign the agreement and I'm good to go in three days. Is this normal practice for them?  Happy to be a member!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU surprise! Really?!

@Anonymous wrote:

So I joined NFCU last Thursday and opened a savings and checking account. I get home today and open the mail to see that they have already offered a CLOC (checking line of credit) with $15,000.00 limit! I didn't even apply for this. All it asks is that I sign the agreement and I'm good to go in three days. Is this normal practice for them?  Happy to be a member!

No, not all all. You have to apply for the CLOC and be approved before they send you the signature page and disclosures. Are you sure you didn't apply?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait... come to think of it, I started the application then got an error message when i clicked submit. I called them and they showed no record of an application and said I would need to apply again.. which I decided against.  I guess the app did go through and CS just couldn't locate it when asked. Oh well, Bonus! 

Message 3 of 4
charleybea
Established Member

I got an error message when I applied too.  Unlike you, they got my app and told me over the phone that I had been approved for max on CLOC.  Congrats by the way!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.