Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

Maybe you can apply online? I don't recall seeing this before.....? Is there anyone who hasn't joined and want to test it out whether it works to join online?

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 31 of 1,187
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Wizdog1 wrote:

Hi there, did you apply online or print out a paper app? You cannot apply online by way of NLUS, they will kick it back. Once you fill out paper app email or fax that along with both pages of welcome letter from NLUS to membershipdocs@navyfederal.org. They prefer email to fax and are processed faster this way. However if you have done this I don't know what the hold up is. Please keep us posted CreditCuriosity.

Scanned it to PDF and emailed it.  Did it around 10 or 11 yesterday morning I believe..  Obviously they have the application as my name was on the email etc and was addressed to me.. Sure it will work out just time

Message 32 of 1,187
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

You are a lot more computer literate than me, lol. I have read that they do take it as long as you can sign electronically so you are right I'm sure you will be fine. I learned the hard way that you can't just go on line, they need that signature. 

Message 33 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@Wizdog1 wrote:

Guyatthebeach may I ask if your regular checks were free or do you pay for them. I usually order checks that support ASPCA but if they are free....I can just keep my Chase Checks for that. Sorry getting away from topic....thanks

Wizdog1,

I got the plain blue ones that are free when I opened a totally free checking account. I think they offer discounts on other checks.

So far I'm impressed with the checking account. I've made 2 deposits in the branch and they were credited immediately. I will be to scan a deposit or deposit via the mobile app after 30 days.

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach

If I rememer right, you opened your account at a branch in person.   Maybe that's why you got a bunch of free checks? 

Message 34 of 1,187
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I did open the accounts in the branch. The only lady ordered them right in front of me because I asked to.

Also I got my membership card and PIN from the Navy League today. On your membership card, does it say that you are in the San Diego chapter???

Life's a beach!

Guyatthebeach
Message 35 of 1,187
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Royalbacon wrote:

Maybe you can apply online? I don't recall seeing this before.....? Is there anyone who hasn't joined and want to test it out whether it works to join online?

I tried that originally and never made it past this page. The system didn't accept NLUS-SD.

When I called about it, the rep told me to stop in the branch.

Guyatthebeach

Message 36 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Navy League membership card doesn't have council on it.  You can use your membership number to join the online community, logon, and look at your profile.  (It's under Membership -> Online Community.)

Message 37 of 1,187
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

Jumping on the bandwagen here, how did you manage to get into NFCU so quick ?

Edit: I joined NLUS however I don't have a member number or anything yet... the money has been taken from my credit card though. I am wondering how people are going from application for NLUS to NFCU member so quick? I.E. two days apart

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 38 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oops, almost forgot.  Your name and address will be listed under the membership of your council unless you opt out!

I wouldn't consider it high risk since it's a small and relatively unknown organization, and the information is locked behind a paid membership.  Nevertheless, I feel compelled to note it here since most people tend to not read through all of the forms.

Message 39 of 1,187
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

I joined the Navy League when I got home on Friday. I joined NFCU the next day at the branch.
Message 40 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.